SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karl_1q1

Need help/advice - contractor is a no show

Karla !
4 years ago

I hired a contractor to remodel my kitchen and bathroom. We signed the contract and paid the $5000 downpayment he requested. he stated he would send the receipt that night. I did not received anything and reached out to him a day later for the receipt; he said that he would send it that night and we received it the next day at night. He apologized for the delay and said that he will be coming that week to take measurements. I reached out to him at the end of the week on Friday, by email, to see when he would be stopping by and stated that we have not heard from him. He replied on Sunday night saying that it was best to text and that he will be stopping by the following day, Monday. On Monday, I texted him at 6:40pm asking at what time he would be stopping by and he texted that his partner is running behind, since they are finishing a lot of jobs, and that they should be there by the end of the week, and he hoped we understand. I said that it was ok, and jut to let us know. And if not this week, that is ok as well but please let us know in advance whether you are stopping by or not. He replied with a thank you. I have not heard from him since and it has already been almost 3 weeks. He is supposed to start the project in 2 days and collect 50% of the contracted amount. At this point I don’t feel comfortable moving forward with the project and would like to get my money back. What can I do? Is it ok for me to stop the project even though a contract was signed? I would greatly appreciate your advice. Thank you

Comments (32)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!