SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
keebs45

Updating Oak Kitchen without painting

keebs45
4 years ago

Hi all,

We are close to being under agreement on a new house! Looking to get some ideas/help on updating the kitchen. The oak cabinets are in fairly good shape, I plan to clean them and use some Howard's Feed & Wax on them (may paint them in the future but for now plan to leave as is). We will be replacing the refrigerator (will need to remove the one cabinet) and the range with stainless. Here are my questions:

1) I have room for an island and would like to add one for extra prep space & for people to sit while I'm cooking. Having trouble deciding what would go best in the space. I was thinking maybe a counter height table or something with open shelving on the bottom so it doesn't seem to take up the room.

2) Thinking about replacing all the handles/pulls with rubbed bronze. Maybe using cup pulls where I can.

3) I want to replace both lights, thinking pendant lights (something simple) in rubbed bronze. I like the ones in this picture:

Open to any ideas, would like to keep it fairly cost effective at first and maybe do something more extensive down the line. Here are 2 pictures of the kitchen (from the listing so this is the current owners stuff):

Thanks in advance!

Comments (19)