SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linnea56chgo5b

How to make anti-tarnish cloth storage for silver serving pieces?

I have been bagging pieces in plastic but that’s not working. It’s just silver plate, not exactly precious: but I do use them for family dinners. I bought them piecemeal at antique stores so they are assorted patterns. I bought anti-tarnish cloth from the fabric store and want to make my own bags / sleeves.

It’s the large silver forks, spoons, pie servers, etc.: all tools with HANDLES that are priority. I’ll deal with other miscellany later (2 3 arm candelabras, salt shakers, etc.). Not individually, I am thinking of something similar to a jewelry roll but not sure how this is done most efficiently. My buffet has a section with a divided tray for these pieces so fitting each roll in there is my goal. Therefore not too much bulk but still effective protection.

Ideally, not scratching each other. I use the big spoons the most and those can nest. But with a flap over each, in some way. Not sure how.

I have 15 serving pieces altogether. I have not decided how to batch them up. Whether most used in one roll : or all big spoons in one, all forks in another, all flat servers in another etc. I am not sure I want to open 4 rolls to get 4 utensils. So making # 1 set the most commonly used makes sense.

What is an effective design for this purpose? Thank you.

Comments (4)