SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luckygal1

Wanna see part of my silver collection?

luckygal
14 years ago

Over the last few years I've found myself attracted to silver things and have bought many at yard sales and auctions. I'll post a few pics I have handy.

These are 3 pieces I bot one day - I really like these large trays and use them all the time for serving and vignettes. I have 5, the most expensive was $5, some as little as $2. I always pay asking price as these are very undervalued as many people don't like to polish silver.

{{gwi:1411485}}

This is a silver pedestal cake plate. Not a great quality silver piece (not very heavy) but useful. The tealights are in tin cookie molds I bot for 25¢ for all 12! Still sealed in cello.

{{gwi:1411487}}

This silver tray was only $2. When I picked it up at a yard sale DH was incredulous I was going to pay asking price as it was very tarnished and the copper was showing thru in places. He thot it looked like a piece of junk. I did pay asking price and it polished up very well and I don't mind that it's been well used and the silver worn off. The smaller pieces in this pic were between 25¢ and 75¢ each. I use them for all sorts of things.

{{gwi:1411489}}

All this silver (not the cat!!!) was in a cardboard box on the floor at a yard sale, very tarnished, and unloved. I paid $4 for all which averages 25¢ each. Not all good silver but some is old.

{{gwi:1411491}}

I'm now being very selective in what I buy but couldn't resist this 51 piece set of silver plated flatware last year for $5. It's 1847 Rogers Bros, only gently used, of course it was very tarnished but polished up well.

{{gwi:1411492}}

I also have a 16 piece set of vintage silver flatware we use for camping (it's out in the RV and I haven't a pic), as well as my wedding set. Also two silver tea services, a couple of Victorian bride's baskets, silver candlesticks and holders, and lots of plates and dishes. Good thing I don't mind polishing!

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH
More Discussions