I've Figured Out One Reason for My Holiday Disinterest
6 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (12)
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
Related Discussions
I need help figuring out what's wrong with my money tree/Pachira
Comments (9)Hi Cassidi, Your money tree is quite impressive, especially with you living in a dry climate like Colorado. Drooping leaves can sometimes be attributed to a root bound plant, meaning that the roots are choking each other and making it hard for the plant to get the air and water it needs. When was the last time you repotted your money tree? Misting will help with the browning on the tips. The average home is dryer than the sahara desert, mostly because of AC and frequent cool air movement. In the garden shop I work at we had a money tree doing the same browning and dropping of leaves as you described. Misting helped quite a bit. The black spots could be a bacterial problem. Did they show up after the plant started looking sad or before? If after, then they came because the plant was in a weakened state. If before, then the bacteria might be the source of the problems. Do the black spots turn into the little holes in your plant? If its bacteria then the only way you can control it is to pull all the leaves infected and throw them away. Also the cleaning mentioned above might help. I recommend letting the soil dry out between waterings. This allows the roots to breathe and would be a good recovery tactic if your plant is root bound. Also be sure to fertilize your plant with a slow release (preferably organic) fertilizer. This will allow the plant to take the nutrition it needs and not burn the plant like some liquid fertilizers can. Well, I hope I helped. Good luck on your Pachira's recovery. Sincerely, Roselyn Small...See MoreI figured out my problem!
Comments (36)Cracks mostly applies to wood, but can also apply to stone tiles or seams, etc., and anything that could conceivably harbor a crumb or spec of flour or mold. That's why you can't kasher your KitchenAid mixer for Passover among other annoying things. If you're not making Passover, don't worry about it. It's about ritual purity not daily function. Even Orthodox Union doesn't opine on kashering plastics for Passover, and refer you to your rabbi. About quartz, they say: If a synthetic material is a minority component of a substance (like Silestone), many rabbis believe that one may kasher it, even if one does not normally kasher artificial materials for a number of reasons. I.e., if your rabbi doesn't allow for kashering Corian for Passover, he might be fine with the Caesarstone. Chag Sameach, everybody!...See MoreWhy am I the only one that cant figure out how to post a picture?
Comments (28)Did you get message rejected when you started a new thread? Did you have a title in the subject line? I've never had a message rejected because my photo coding was wrong. It happens to me for 3 reasons: 1. when you reply to a thread too soon after posting a comment. Go back to your message and type something different in the subject line, hit preview, then hit submit. 2. when you didn't type anything in the subject line. Go back and type something in the subject line, hit preview, then hit submit. 3. when you put something in the "Optional Link URL" box but didn't type anything in the "name of the Link" box. Go back, type something in the box, hit preview, then submit. You are NOT posting your pic in the "Optional Link URL" box. You should be pasting it into the "Mesage" box along with your typed words....See MoreI've figured out what to do with the "art niches"
Comments (38)Thank you, rgrs! The artist is Nick Kirk, who displayed at a local gallery when he was in college a little over ten years ago. I also purchased this piece from him, as the gangly, sweet foal really spoke to me. This painting is six feet tall so makes a big statement. I'm not really horse crazy, but I just really liked Nick's work and am glad I brought it home with me. :-)...See More- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
Related Stories

FEEL-GOOD HOME12 Very Useful Things I've Learned From Designers
These simple ideas can make life at home more efficient and enjoyable
Full Story
DECLUTTERINGCan’t Figure Out What ‘Sparks Joy’? Try This Question Instead
If you can’t decide whether to keep something or let it go, shift your perspective to find the answer
Full Story
WINTER GARDENING6 Reasons I’m Not Looking Forward to Spring
Not kicking up your heels anticipating rushes of spring color and garden catalogs? You’re not alone
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESThe Dumbest Decorating Decisions I’ve Ever Made
Caution: Do not try these at home
Full Story
LIGHTINGThe Pros and Cons of Recessed Lighting
A lighting designer shares three things recessed lights do well and three things to watch out for
Full Story
LIFEWhat I Learned About Moving a Loved One to a Retirement Home
Setting up an elderly family member’s apartment in an assisted-care facility is a labor of love for this Houzz writer
Full Story
FUN HOUZZEverything I Need to Know About Decorating I Learned from Downton Abbey
Mind your manors with these 10 decorating tips from the PBS series, returning on January 5
Full Story
LIFE10 Ways to Work Through Grief Triggers During the Holidays
A year after losing her sister, she was facing another holiday. Here’s how one woman learned to find joy again
Full Story
HOLIDAYSA Violet, Brown, Bronze and White Holiday
7 Great Reasons to Deck the Halls With Unconventional Colors
Full Story
COLOR10 Reasons to Use Sky Blue
This versatile color can look fresh or timeless, beachy or polished. Check out ways to use sky blue indoors and out
Full StorySponsored
Annie Deighnaugh