SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alleycat333

Please help finish dining room

Alley Cat
4 years ago

Please help me finish my dining room before Christmas. There’s too much wood here and other issues. I may be getting a faded black/charcoal area rug with faint Turkish pattern on it, maybe not. How do I finish this room, assuming without it the rug, with a max budget of about $50 for accessories, etc? The sideboard on the right will be a bar. I’ll have food either on the kitchen counter behind this room to serve buffet-style or I’ll get a thrift store mid century modern dresser for the rear wall to serve as a buffet. I’m going to hang small fairy lights behind the palm tree canvas so it appears the palm trees are lit. How do I hang the other two artworks above the bar? How do I style the bar top, as my attempt at a rustic Christmas tree branch is too tall... Can I get away with not painting or stenciling the bar sideboard? Should I add two sleek brass/gold modern pulls to the front of it? Should I rearrange the furniture altogether? (Note: the little grey cart wont be in the room. The other side of the room opposite the bar sideboard has glass sliding doors which will have snowflake decals and possibly some hanging metallic and clear ball ornaments.) I’m trying to keep the color scheme gold, silver, grey and wood, but definitely feeling the need to maybe add black in a few spots to break up wood and fie it all together. Advice appreciated. Thank you!

Comments (34)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida