Oh Christmas Tree

amylou321

Oh Christmas tree......
Lemmee see your Christmas treeeeeeee!
And all your other decorations, if they are up already.

SaveComment54Like
Comments (54)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
amylou321

Here's mine. Its tiny, but it's a real tree and perfect for us! Lowes had these tiny trees with their own little tree stand last year and i was very happy that they had them this year! It's just right for us. At least it fit in my Corolla. Lol. The white reindeer around the bottom were made by my grandpa. My grandma knitted their little scarves. How I managed to get my hands on 4 of them I don't know. My two sisters hogged the rest of them. I also have a little pink deer from hobby lobby and a big glittery pink deer from target. The lights twinkle so I cant capture all of them on one pic but you get the idea.

My kitchen decor.

The obligatory mistletoe. I hang it in the big doorway between the kitchen and the living room.

And finally, my pride and joy. Here he is, Mr. Blizzard. He is 20 feet tall and WONDERFUL. I also have a projector that projects Christmassy stuff onto the house. It came with a bunch of different slides. But I can't get a picture of it during the day.

17 Likes Save    
Marilyn_Sue

All are very nice, but I no longer decorate for Christmas.

Sue

Save     Thanked by amylou321
rob333 (zone 7a)

How festive! I can't wait to see everyone else's. Might put me in the right mood. I hope a lot of people post pictures.

I will. Son wants to be a part of it and won't be home for a couple
of days. When we get it going I'll be back. You've seen my house lights,
so the tree will be next. It's a marshmallow world... hmm, hmm, hmmm... A
whipped cream day!

10 Likes Save     Thanked by amylou321
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

Mine is a tall skinny tree. We don't have a lot of places to put a tree in this smaller house. It's all we need!

15 Likes Save     Thanked by amylou321
Fun2BHere

For a bunch of different reasons, my Christmas decorating is somewhat limited this year, but here's the coffee table.

12 Likes Save     Thanked by amylou321
happy2b…gw

Not sure when I will decorate. My grandkids like to participate, so I have to wait until they have no extracurriculars scheduled.

blfenton

I have some decorating done and a little bit more to go. My son and his fiance bought a house this year and don't have any decorations or any spare money so I'm taking some of my extra stuff over to their place this afternoon. And ya, ok, I might have gone out and bought a couple of cute things and a wreath and wreath hanger for their front door.

6 Likes Save     Thanked by amylou321
Annie Deighnaugh

I'm still working on this year's but it's pretty much the same every year.

Mom made my wedding gown and she used scraps from the fabric to make this wreath for me.

25 Likes Save     Thanked by amylou321
Annie Deighnaugh

Our tree in our library...

20 Likes Save     Thanked by amylou321
Annie Deighnaugh

Our dining room...this year I'm adding big bows to the cranes.

Annie Deighnaugh

The mantel piece in my library...the angel is counted cross stitch done by my SIL who had incredible patience to do such detailed work.

nickel_kg

Festive and lovely pictures! All I've put up so far is a small nativity set on the mantel. More decorating this weekend.

2 Likes Save     Thanked by amylou321
phoggie

I have a beautiful big Hummel nativity scene also but this little one is so sentimental to me. The Christmas right after my husband was killed and my little son was only 7 years old, we sat out on our back porch and with the circular saw (the only saw we had) made this little stable and went to a 10 cent store and bought the little hard plastic figures. He is 53 now and although it isn’t worth anything monetarily, I hope some day he will treasure it also.

26 Likes Save     Thanked by amylou321
chipotle

Ravencajun, that looks like Mardi Gras. I'm guessing with your name that it probably is. ;)

Ours is more whimsy. I love the felted wool garland I got at Trader Joe's. Should have bought one more strand, but it's too late now. Maybe they'll have it again next year.

14 Likes Save     Thanked by amylou321
Iris S (SC, Zone 7b)

The tree is not up yet, won’t be until the 23rd. Actually didn’t even buy one yet. Hopefully we will still find a nice one. The rest of the house looks like a Christmas shop. Way too much for my taste, but keeps the family happy.

16 Likes Save     Thanked by amylou321
caflowerluver

From last year. The tree is there but no presents yet.

13 Likes Save     Thanked by amylou321
Lori Wagerman_Walker
1 Like Save     Thanked by amylou321
happy2b…gw

Words that come to mind about your Christmas decorations and trees: beautiful, charming, adorable, warm, sentimental, meaningful.

I use the pretense that I need help putting up decorations which I really don't. Now that they are bit older, they ask when our Christmas decorating party is. When the grandkids decorate, they do not go for beauty. Instead they select the decorations that they like from those I have collected or inherited from my mother or the ones their parents made. They choose which Santas from my Santa collection to put out and how to arrange them and where to place the nativity. Usually I just have four grandkids here for this decorating party.- only one girl so the tree can look a bit haphazard. They each choose an ornament to take home. Last year I bought a few new ones to throw in the mix. The best part is not the end result as it will never look like a magazine spread but the fun we have and recounting the family Christmas stories and details and origins of the ornaments.

OutsidePlaying

We downsized our tree last year from a big one to this 7.5-ft tree. Much more manageable and a lot easier to decorate. Have not wrapped much yet.

19 Likes Save     Thanked by amylou321
Kathsgrdn

My tree is up but it's been up for a couple of years. I never finished taking it down. It is now surrounded by my daughter's furniture so I won't be taking any pictures. I still haven't taken down all the Halloween stuff, well, all except for the spiderweb on the roof of the garage. I'm not climbing up there and every time my daughter is here it's raining, she was here today...it was pouring rain. I wonder what my neighbors are thinking. lol

I bought my daughter a tree for Christmas and today went through my ornaments and gave her some of them. I have way too many for my tree.

5 Likes Save     Thanked by amylou321
terilyn

Here’s ours, not as many ornaments as usual. Not much other decorating around the house. Just not in the mood this year.

DawnInCal

I can't begin to tell all of you how much I've enjoyed seeing your trees and decorations. I feel like I've been invited to visit!

I haven't decorated for Christmas in years, but last week I was in the dollar store and saw this Santa hanging from a display. I thought he was so cute that I brought him home and he is now hanging from the loft railing. Total length from top of hat to bottom of beard is about 36 inches:

Once Santa was installed, it felt like we needed a bit more, so I bought this little tree - it's 13 inches tall and is sitting on the dining table:

By now I was really getting into it, so back to the dollar store I went where I bought this 26 inch fake tree. Add a string of lights and some red and gold balls and things are looking pretty festive:

I didn't have a topper for the tree, so I used this fan folded thingy that was part of the wrapping on a present a friend gave to me. I really like it.

Whether or not this new decorating tradition will continue next year, remains to be seen, but I'm having fun with it for now and hubby doesn't seem to mind much so we're all good here at my house!

23 Likes Save     Thanked by amylou321
blfenton

Your 26" dollar store tree is so cute. It sorta looks like a pine tree.

Well, I took my extra Christmas decorations over to my son and future DIL's house and every time I took something out of a wrapper she would politely grab it from me and go and set it up or find a place for it. So, lights are up on the fireplace with sparkly snowflakes hanging below the mantle,. Santa is in his sleigh with his reindeer in front, wreathes are on the front door and back door, tall lit candy canes are hanging off the back balcony, Mr and Mrs Snowman are on a shelf, as is the 16" fancy gold sparkly tree. It's starting to look like Christmas.

I left them with a few more things that they can put up. She was so excited and I'm so glad that I did it.

15 Likes Save     Thanked by amylou321
happy2b…gw

The first Christmas in the first house is so special. It was thoughtful of you to bring some decorations over and your son's girlfriend must be very nice not to have any issues with it.

ravencajun Zone 8b TX

My tree stays up and I change it to a Mardi Gras tree. I have pictures of it last year. I decided to put a few Mardi Gras ornaments that were gifts from friends on my Christmas tree.

Mardi Gras tree

Ladydi Zone 7A NW BC Canada

Once the kids moved out and started their own families we now just enjoy their big trees & decorations.

My homemade clothes hanger Xmas tree just in case grand kids visit and to make the house feel more cheerful.

eld6161

11 Likes Save     Thanked by amylou321
satine100

I just don't feel like doing any decorating this year so I'll just enjoy all your pictures.

3 Likes Save     Thanked by amylou321
arcy_gw

9 Likes Save     Thanked by amylou321
jewels_ks

Here’s my tree. I attempted ribbon this year for the first time and I watched many videos. Maybe next year it will be a little better.

19 Likes Save     Thanked by amylou321
amylou321

I think your ribbon looks perfect!

1 Like Save    
Jasdip

We've never put up a tree. About 3 years ago we bought "Rudy" a Norfolk Pine and put a few wee teeny balls on him. He's grown quite a bit and has graduated to larger balls.

I wasn't sure Tom's picture would fit on the middle shelf, and it does, so he's now on the middle shelf next to the glass block light. This is 'his' table where his picture always sits on the top.

16 Likes Save     Thanked by amylou321
Jasdip

Dawn, I absolutely adore your little Dollar Store pine tree!! I'm going to start looking to see if we have anything similar, but I know I haven't seen them in the past!

Lori Wagerman_Walker

So festive & unique everyone! <3

DawnInCal

Thanks blfenton and thank you Jasdip!

Best of luck in finding one - I'll cross my fingers for you. It's the cutest little tree and from 10 feet away could be mistaken for the real thing!

nhbaskets

We purchased a new fake tree this year. 7.5' with 3500 micro LED lights. Having a difficult time getting in the swing this year. I only put half my ornaments on and called it done. The tree on our island is done. Still need to decorate my dining room tree and upside down tree in my foyer. Maybe this weekend.

This is the main tree in our LR. Our Bingo found a sunny place and is certainly dreaming of dog bones and chasing chipmunks.

8 Likes Save     Thanked by amylou321
mojomom

First tree in years — two years ago we were moving and just trying to sort things out; last year we lost my Mom and I just didn’t have the energy to decorate much; and before that we traveled to see DD and her family. Now that DD is next door and DGS is old enough to enjoy the season, I am all in. Thanks to DSIL for helping me set up the tree, the rest was easier than I remembered and more fun. It’s a real 12’ Fraiser Fir. Some ornaments are new, some old and some family, both grandmothers and my Mom’s.

Jasdip

Mojomom, I love the tree, but your 3 fur-babies......!!!!

Rose Pekelnicky

Here's mine. It is a pencil tree because my rooms are small

11 Likes Save     Thanked by amylou321
Iris S (SC, Zone 7b)

Love all your decorations and trees! I hope we still will be able to find a nice tree. Husband is coming home from a trip tomorrow, so maybe Thursday. Ours never turns out as elegant and matching as yours though. The girls crafts from kindergarten on (they are now 22 and 26) and the German/ Austrian tradition of hanging the chocolate on there makes for colorful, not exactly elegant.

sealavender

Not mine, but I saw this one at a local hospital holiday fund raiser. They are auctioned: The Pink Panther tree.

aiser.

arcy_gw

A few more trees--

nycefarm

Like Mojomom, it's a fresh Frasier fir, but only 11'. It's full of animal & plant ornaments, probably the only thing I enjoy about Christmas...

abbisgram

Love all your trees and decorations! I'm not doing any decorating as I have been staying with my son and his family to help out with baby-sitting. I did decorate mom's tree for her, though. Didn't think to take a pic.

KATHY

No presents around the tree til Christmas morning since my tree is viewable from door off of our deck. It is not a door we use at all.

lgmd_gaz

The tree doesn't appear at my house till 2 days before Christmas so this is last years. Nothing will change this year as the tree is stored in a box as is from year to year.

Many of the decorations on this little tree were made 40 or more years ago using Shrinky Dinks when we started trimming a live Norfolk Island pine as our tree. The light weight of the Shrinky Dinks was perfect. Our teenage daughters used pictures from a Christmas themed coloring books for patterns.

This angel on top was decorating the present from my future husband in 1958. I was 18 and the gift was a cashmere sweater.

dedtired

Mine is sitting in a bucket of water under my carport. Hope to get to it one of these days. I wanted a small tree but the firehouse where I buy it didn't have any small ones so this is well over six feet. Oy.

schoolhouse_gwagain

3 Likes Save     Thanked by amylou321
Ladydi Zone 7A NW BC Canada

All I can say is WOW!!! Beautiful!!!

quasifish

These are all so beautiful and festive! I feel inspired scrolling through this :)

rob333 (zone 7a)

How far behind are we? Lights only still....

rob333 (zone 7a)

And one of the many handmade ornaments from past swaps. It's a wooden spoon and tiny upturned pot, all painted.

dedtired

Here’s mine.

2pups4me

2 Likes Save     Thanked by amylou321
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Shop Houzz Oh, Christmas Tree
By Houzz
Fabulous faux trees, dazzling stars, colorful string lights and ornaments galore
See Products
Most Popular Houzz Call: Show Us Your Christmas Tree!
How lovely are your branches? Post a picture and share your stories
Full Story
Christmas Trees Real vs. Fake: How to Choose the Right Christmas Tree
By Houzz
Pitting flexibility and ease against cost and the environment can leave anyone flummoxed. This Christmas tree breakdown can help
Full Story
GBC Kitchen & Bath has been in remodeling business for over 10 years providing products and services mainly in... Read More
For over 20 years, we have been providing standard and custom craftsmanship in the design, fabrication and... Read More