SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amylou321

Oh Christmas Tree

amylou321
4 years ago

Oh Christmas tree......
Lemmee see your Christmas treeeeeeee!
And all your other decorations, if they are up already.

Comments (54)

• Fun2BHere
    4 years ago

For a bunch of different reasons, my Christmas decorating is somewhat limited this year, but here's the coffee table.

amylou321 thanked Fun2BHere
  • happy2b…gw
    4 years ago

Not sure when I will decorate. My grandkids like to participate, so I have to wait until they have no extracurriculars scheduled.

amylou321 thanked happy2b…gw
  • Related Discussions

Oh Christmas Tree! Post your tree Here!

Q

Comments (37)
    GrandmaBarb, Just loved the pretty little birdhouse and the fantastic garden pointer. How clever you are!! Barb sent me a sign that she had made from an old piece of weathered board on which she had painted the prettiest yellow flowers on the left of the board. On the right of the board she had glued little tiny pointed pinecones in the shape of an arrow with blue jewels along the sides showing the way to the garden. On both the birdhouse and garden sign she had painted Ellens Joy. I am so happy that you were my Secret Santa as you nailed my personality to a tee. Thanks for the time you spent on my gift during this busy time of year. I love it. Ellen
    ...See More

Oh Christmas Tree

Q

Comments (8)
    What a neat Christmas tree. Love all the beads you strung on it and that tree skirt is wonderful. This reminds me of decorating the tree when I was growing up. I can remember stringing popcorn for ours too. Such a pretty setting. That little 4 year old sounds like a kick in the pants! So special to have memories like this. His little rocks in front of Karens village piece was so cute too. Punk
    ...See More

Are you quilting this weekend? Nov. 15-17

Q

Comments (18)
    Sue......I hear you about a session at the sewing machine sometimes providing an oasis of sanity. Weddings so close to holidays? It's going to make for a very busy holiday season, isn't it? My husband and I married just a couple days before Christmas. I finished the binding on my charity quilt first thing this morning before I did anything else. My 3yo g'son helped me wrap it tonight. Grammy is winding him up early with Christmas anticipation. LOL It's going to be fun watching him this year. I don't imagine I'll do anything quilty until the dust settles after Thanksgiving. It's over the river and through the woods to our house this year.
    ...See More

A Sams Club Today

Q

Comments (8)
    In MN the snow season started 2 weeks ago so a snow tire commercial wouldn't be out of place. And for years now, retailers have started putting out Christmas stuff right around Labor Day. That started about 15 years ago when the economy was going to pot and retailers wanted to get the Xmas bucks while people still had money to spend. Strange to see but it worked so now it's the norm. Kind of chuckled to see this post. Bought some battery powered Xmas lights at Dollar Tree over the weekend.
    ...See More
  • blfenton
    4 years ago

I have some decorating done and a little bit more to go. My son and his fiance bought a house this year and don't have any decorations or any spare money so I'm taking some of my extra stuff over to their place this afternoon. And ya, ok, I might have gone out and bought a couple of cute things and a wreath and wreath hanger for their front door.

amylou321 thanked blfenton
  • Annie Deighnaugh
    4 years ago

I'm still working on this year's but it's pretty much the same every year.

Mom made my wedding gown and she used scraps from the fabric to make this wreath for me.

amylou321 thanked Annie Deighnaugh
  • Annie Deighnaugh
    4 years ago

Our tree in our library...

• Annie Deighnaugh
    4 years ago

Our dining room...this year I'm adding big bows to the cranes.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    4 years ago

The mantel piece in my library...the angel is counted cross stitch done by my SIL who had incredible patience to do such detailed work.

• nickel_kg
    4 years ago

Festive and lovely pictures! All I've put up so far is a small nativity set on the mantel. More decorating this weekend.

amylou321 thanked nickel_kg
  • User
    4 years ago

Ravencajun, that looks like Mardi Gras. I'm guessing with your name that it probably is. ;)

Ours is more whimsy. I love the felted wool garland I got at Trader Joe's. Should have bought one more strand, but it's too late now. Maybe they'll have it again next year.

amylou321 thanked User
  • Iris S (SC, Zone 7b)
    4 years ago

The tree is not up yet, won’t be until the 23rd. Actually didn’t even buy one yet. Hopefully we will still find a nice one. The rest of the house looks like a Christmas shop. Way too much for my taste, but keeps the family happy.

amylou321 thanked Iris S (SC, Zone 7b)
  • caflowerluver
    4 years ago

From last year. The tree is there but no presents yet.

amylou321 thanked caflowerluver
  • Lori Wagerman_Walker
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago
    amylou321 thanked Lori Wagerman_Walker
  • happy2b…gw
    4 years ago

Words that come to mind about your Christmas decorations and trees: beautiful, charming, adorable, warm, sentimental, meaningful.

I use the pretense that I need help putting up decorations which I really don't. Now that they are bit older, they ask when our Christmas decorating party is. When the grandkids decorate, they do not go for beauty. Instead they select the decorations that they like from those I have collected or inherited from my mother or the ones their parents made. They choose which Santas from my Santa collection to put out and how to arrange them and where to place the nativity. Usually I just have four grandkids here for this decorating party.- only one girl so the tree can look a bit haphazard. They each choose an ornament to take home. Last year I bought a few new ones to throw in the mix. The best part is not the end result as it will never look like a magazine spread but the fun we have and recounting the family Christmas stories and details and origins of the ornaments.

• OutsidePlaying
    4 years ago

We downsized our tree last year from a big one to this 7.5-ft tree. Much more manageable and a lot easier to decorate. Have not wrapped much yet.

amylou321 thanked OutsidePlaying
  • Kathsgrdn
    4 years ago

My tree is up but it's been up for a couple of years. I never finished taking it down. It is now surrounded by my daughter's furniture so I won't be taking any pictures. I still haven't taken down all the Halloween stuff, well, all except for the spiderweb on the roof of the garage. I'm not climbing up there and every time my daughter is here it's raining, she was here today...it was pouring rain. I wonder what my neighbors are thinking. lol

I bought my daughter a tree for Christmas and today went through my ornaments and gave her some of them. I have way too many for my tree.

amylou321 thanked Kathsgrdn
  • terilyn
    4 years ago

Here’s ours, not as many ornaments as usual. Not much other decorating around the house. Just not in the mood this year.

amylou321 thanked terilyn
  • DawnInCal
    4 years ago

I can't begin to tell all of you how much I've enjoyed seeing your trees and decorations. I feel like I've been invited to visit!

I haven't decorated for Christmas in years, but last week I was in the dollar store and saw this Santa hanging from a display. I thought he was so cute that I brought him home and he is now hanging from the loft railing. Total length from top of hat to bottom of beard is about 36 inches:

Once Santa was installed, it felt like we needed a bit more, so I bought this little tree - it's 13 inches tall and is sitting on the dining table:

By now I was really getting into it, so back to the dollar store I went where I bought this 26 inch fake tree. Add a string of lights and some red and gold balls and things are looking pretty festive:

I didn't have a topper for the tree, so I used this fan folded thingy that was part of the wrapping on a present a friend gave to me. I really like it.

Whether or not this new decorating tradition will continue next year, remains to be seen, but I'm having fun with it for now and hubby doesn't seem to mind much so we're all good here at my house!

amylou321 thanked DawnInCal
  • blfenton
    4 years ago

Your 26" dollar store tree is so cute. It sorta looks like a pine tree.

Well, I took my extra Christmas decorations over to my son and future DIL's house and every time I took something out of a wrapper she would politely grab it from me and go and set it up or find a place for it. So, lights are up on the fireplace with sparkly snowflakes hanging below the mantle,. Santa is in his sleigh with his reindeer in front, wreathes are on the front door and back door, tall lit candy canes are hanging off the back balcony, Mr and Mrs Snowman are on a shelf, as is the 16" fancy gold sparkly tree. It's starting to look like Christmas.

I left them with a few more things that they can put up. She was so excited and I'm so glad that I did it.

amylou321 thanked blfenton
  • happy2b…gw
    4 years ago

The first Christmas in the first house is so special. It was thoughtful of you to bring some decorations over and your son's girlfriend must be very nice not to have any issues with it.

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    4 years ago

My tree stays up and I change it to a Mardi Gras tree. I have pictures of it last year. I decided to put a few Mardi Gras ornaments that were gifts from friends on my Christmas tree.

Mardi Gras tree

amylou321 thanked ravencajun Zone 8b TX
  • Ladydi Zone 6A NW BC Canada
    4 years ago

Once the kids moved out and started their own families we now just enjoy their big trees & decorations.

My homemade clothes hanger Xmas tree just in case grand kids visit and to make the house feel more cheerful.

amylou321 thanked Ladydi Zone 6A NW BC Canada
  • eld6161
    4 years ago

amylou321 thanked eld6161
  • satine100
    4 years ago

I just don't feel like doing any decorating this year so I'll just enjoy all your pictures.

amylou321 thanked satine100
  • arcy_gw
    4 years ago

amylou321 thanked arcy_gw
  • jewels_ks
    4 years ago

Here’s my tree. I attempted ribbon this year for the first time and I watched many videos. Maybe next year it will be a little better.

amylou321 thanked jewels_ks
  • amylou321
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I think your ribbon looks perfect!

• Jasdip
    4 years ago

We've never put up a tree. About 3 years ago we bought "Rudy" a Norfolk Pine and put a few wee teeny balls on him. He's grown quite a bit and has graduated to larger balls.

I wasn't sure Tom's picture would fit on the middle shelf, and it does, so he's now on the middle shelf next to the glass block light. This is 'his' table where his picture always sits on the top.

amylou321 thanked Jasdip
  • Jasdip
    4 years ago

Dawn, I absolutely adore your little Dollar Store pine tree!! I'm going to start looking to see if we have anything similar, but I know I haven't seen them in the past!

amylou321 thanked Jasdip
  • Lori Wagerman_Walker
    4 years ago

So festive & unique everyone! <3

amylou321 thanked Lori Wagerman_Walker
  • DawnInCal
    4 years ago

Thanks blfenton and thank you Jasdip!

Best of luck in finding one - I'll cross my fingers for you. It's the cutest little tree and from 10 feet away could be mistaken for the real thing!

amylou321 thanked DawnInCal
  • nhbaskets
    4 years ago

We purchased a new fake tree this year. 7.5' with 3500 micro LED lights. Having a difficult time getting in the swing this year. I only put half my ornaments on and called it done. The tree on our island is done. Still need to decorate my dining room tree and upside down tree in my foyer. Maybe this weekend.

This is the main tree in our LR. Our Bingo found a sunny place and is certainly dreaming of dog bones and chasing chipmunks.

amylou321 thanked nhbaskets
  • mojomom
    4 years ago

First tree in years — two years ago we were moving and just trying to sort things out; last year we lost my Mom and I just didn’t have the energy to decorate much; and before that we traveled to see DD and her family. Now that DD is next door and DGS is old enough to enjoy the season, I am all in. Thanks to DSIL for helping me set up the tree, the rest was easier than I remembered and more fun. It’s a real 12’ Fraiser Fir. Some ornaments are new, some old and some family, both grandmothers and my Mom’s.

amylou321 thanked mojomom
  • Jasdip
    4 years ago

Mojomom, I love the tree, but your 3 fur-babies......!!!!

amylou321 thanked Jasdip
  • Rose Pekelnicky
    4 years ago

Here's mine. It is a pencil tree because my rooms are small

amylou321 thanked Rose Pekelnicky
  • Iris S (SC, Zone 7b)
    4 years ago

Love all your decorations and trees! I hope we still will be able to find a nice tree. Husband is coming home from a trip tomorrow, so maybe Thursday. Ours never turns out as elegant and matching as yours though. The girls crafts from kindergarten on (they are now 22 and 26) and the German/ Austrian tradition of hanging the chocolate on there makes for colorful, not exactly elegant.

amylou321 thanked Iris S (SC, Zone 7b)
  • sealavender
    4 years ago

Not mine, but I saw this one at a local hospital holiday fund raiser. They are auctioned: The Pink Panther tree.

aiser.

amylou321 thanked sealavender
  • arcy_gw
    4 years ago

A few more trees--

amylou321 thanked arcy_gw
  • nycefarm
    4 years ago

Like Mojomom, it's a fresh Frasier fir, but only 11'. It's full of animal & plant ornaments, probably the only thing I enjoy about Christmas...

amylou321 thanked nycefarm
  • abbisgram
    4 years ago

Love all your trees and decorations! I'm not doing any decorating as I have been staying with my son and his family to help out with baby-sitting. I did decorate mom's tree for her, though. Didn't think to take a pic.

amylou321 thanked abbisgram
  • KATHY
    4 years ago

No presents around the tree til Christmas morning since my tree is viewable from door off of our deck. It is not a door we use at all.

amylou321 thanked KATHY
  • lgmd_gaz
    4 years ago

The tree doesn't appear at my house till 2 days before Christmas so this is last years. Nothing will change this year as the tree is stored in a box as is from year to year.

Many of the decorations on this little tree were made 40 or more years ago using Shrinky Dinks when we started trimming a live Norfolk Island pine as our tree. The light weight of the Shrinky Dinks was perfect. Our teenage daughters used pictures from a Christmas themed coloring books for patterns.

This angel on top was decorating the present from my future husband in 1958. I was 18 and the gift was a cashmere sweater.

amylou321 thanked lgmd_gaz
  • dedtired
    4 years ago

Mine is sitting in a bucket of water under my carport. Hope to get to it one of these days. I wanted a small tree but the firehouse where I buy it didn't have any small ones so this is well over six feet. Oy.

amylou321 thanked dedtired
  • amylou321 thanked schoolhouse_gwagain
  • Ladydi Zone 6A NW BC Canada
    4 years ago

All I can say is WOW!!! Beautiful!!!

amylou321 thanked Ladydi Zone 6A NW BC Canada
  • quasifish
    4 years ago

These are all so beautiful and festive! I feel inspired scrolling through this :)

amylou321 thanked quasifish
  • rob333 (zone 7b)
    4 years ago

How far behind are we? Lights only still....

amylou321 thanked rob333 (zone 7b)
  • rob333 (zone 7b)
    4 years ago

And one of the many handmade ornaments from past swaps. It's a wooden spoon and tiny upturned pot, all painted.

amylou321 thanked rob333 (zone 7b)
  • dedtired
    4 years ago

Here’s mine.

amylou321 thanked dedtired
  • 2pups4me
    4 years ago

amylou321 thanked 2pups4me