My 19th Christmas Craft Night

jewels_ks

On Friday night I had 9 friends and my 2 daughters over for my party. We had such a great time!! Everyone arrived around 7:00 and we had Chicken Basil Stew, salad and homemade bread With Italian Lemincello cake for dessert. Then we started on our craft which was an adorable apron that I found on Pinterest. Originally I thought our aprons would come from Hobby Lobby or Michael’s but I ended up ordering some from a restaurant supply store. Then we made the ornament and I ended up having enough supplies for everyone to make 2.

I think the last person left around 2:15am.

Every 5 years I do an ornament extravaganza, which should be next year. However 20 years is something to celebrate so I’m trying already to plan something special.

Yesterday I made 3 more aprons and began 7 more ornaments.

SaveComment15Like17
Comments (15)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
blfenton

How Cute! Looks like you had such fun.

Save    
arcy_gw

I should have called you jewels!! I had two daughters and an brand new daughter in law here for four days over Thanksgiving. I wanted a craft for us to do. Last year we made holiday cloche's. Are those iron on decals--I would love the "how to" . And I just have to say, FEEDING everyone a lovely dinner on top of the craft prep I am AMAZED at you!!!

1 Like Save    
abbisgram

I love your craft night!

Save    
adellabedella_usa

That's sounds like so much fun! Everything turned out really cute.

I've been invited to an ornament exchange, but it's not a crafting one. I've been looking online for something cute, but haven't found 'the one' yet.

Save    
Rusty

What a fun tradition you have going there! The aprons and ornaments are very cute. Is it the same group of friends every year? Some really fun memories, too, I'll bet!

Rusty

Save    
nicole___

Totally fun! Great craft ideas and they look F A N T A S T I C ! Looks like memories were made too....:0) Thanks for sharing....sigh....Christmas can be sooooooooooooooo much fun.

Save    
Fun2BHere

Wow! Great job! I love both the aprons and the ornaments. Congratulations for keeping the tradition going for so many years.

Save    
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

Love it! Your aprons are awesome and so cute. The ornaments are very unique and adorable. It is a win win win!

I try to arrange craft get togethers for my garden club occasionally. I can see some very cute garden ideas for the aprons. They are perfect for cooking or gardening.

I too would love to know how to make the print outs for the apron and where you ordered the aprons from.

You did an amazing job!

Save    
jewels_ks

Thanks everyone!

I bought aprons from Michael's but they seemed thin and on the smaller side. I went to a restaurant supply store and bought 12 with 6 in black and 6 in white. They were a bit longer, wider, three pockets at the bottom and adjustable neck. They were $9.45. One lady bought an apron from Amazon and from Kroger. I saw the apron on Pinterest but there were no directions. My gf has a Cricut Maker and she was able to copy everything from Pinterest. She cut out 17 complete sets and that was 2 vinyl rolls each of glitter green, glitter gold, and red. I bought an off-brand that Michaels had on sale for $9,99 a roll. At my work we have the Cricut Easy Press and that is what we used to adhere the vinyl. An iron will work also. We did the whisk first, then the leaves and berries and We. Then I did each side for the words on the bottom. The red vinyl is thinner than the glitter vinyl and we only had one problem with anything going wrong and that was on my apron. Somehow the red WE had gotten messed up, but we heated it from the back, peeled it off and applied another one. At my craft night the ladies know what the main craft is, but don't know what the ornament is. I bought hoops on Amazon, material from Hobby Lobby and a coworker made many different designs on her Cricut. I just grabbed all my greenery from previous years and let everyone decorate. Throughout the 19 years people have come and gone. If someone doesn't come for several years, they end up getting taken off my list and sometimes I add a new friend. My youngest daughter (who just turned 21) finally got to come this year. For the most part its the same people who come year after year. It's really a special time and I know I am very lucky to have friends that continuously want to join me on this night.

3 Likes Save    
phoggie

Love, love, love those aprons!! My girls both have cricuts and love doing this type of things. Hope you don’t mind but I am saving this for a Thanksgiving project while the men watch football next year. One daughter has the Press but the other just uses her iron.

Save    
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

Thank you for the information! I think it was just a super cute project!

Save    
Janie

Wow! I'm singing to the Jersey Boys "Oh What A Night". So special for you and your daughter and your friends. ( 2:15 a.m.???? Whoo Hooo! LOL! )

Save    
DawnInCal

Looks like everyone had a great time and I love the craft projects. I get together with six former co-workers twice a year and all of them enjoy crafts. I'm thinking a craft party/potluck should be the theme of our next get together!

Save    
Ladydi Zone 7A NW BC Canada

I'm jealous. How fun is that! Most of my friends have moved away after retirement (as did I) or travel at Christmas to see family or vacation in a warmer climate. I've had some health problems this year so we are staying close to home this year.

Save    
Kathsgrdn

Cute!

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Houzz Tours My Houzz: Family Is Close at Hand in a 19th-Century Brisbane Cottage
An Australia couple’s updated home in the city’s leafy hills pays homage to residents past and present
Full Story
Studios and Workshops How to Stitch Together Inspiring Spaces for Crafting and Crafts
Grab your glue guns. Dayna Isom Johnson of NBC’s new TV crafting series, ‘Making It,’ has DIY decor tips that’ll stick
Full Story
Christmas Collecting Christmas Ornaments That Speak to the Heart
Crafted by hand, bought on vacation or even dug out of the discount bin, ornaments can make for a special holiday tradition
Full Story
We design functional homes for busy professionals who crave space to disconnect from their routine & unwind. Our... Read More
Kitchen, Bath and Interior remodeling company featuring the latest bath and kitchen designs and the largest... Read More