SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fawnridge69

WANTED: Swap-a-Que - October 19th - swap list #1

fawnridge (Ricky)
15 years ago

Here's what I have to swap. In exchange I'm looking for Bromeliads (that I don't have), Crotons (that I don't have), and anything that will grow in deep shade. We have no open spaces in the garden in full sun anymore!

4 - one gallon Crotons "Yellow Excurrens", 1 - one gallon Croton "Johannis", 1 - one gallon Croton "Thanksgiving":

2 - three gallon Caesalpinia pulcherrima - Pride of Barbados - Yellow flowers, 3 - one gallon, three plants to a pot Cassia bahamensis - Bahamas Cassia, a Florida native, 1 - three gallon Schefflera elegantissima - False Aralia, from seed:

10 - seedlings Parkinsonia aculeta - Jerusalem Thorn (one of these is reserved), 4 - seedlings Ceratonia siliqua - Carob Tree:

Comments (150)

• fawnridge (Ricky)
    Original Author
    15 years ago

So far, wine, salsa and chips (2), salad (1), buns, brownies, and of course, pulled pork and jerk chicken.

• cindeea
    15 years ago

Ladygreen, I have tried growing both pumpkins and gourds. I get lots of flowers but never got any squash! i don't know why....

I am so glad this post hasn't disappeared along with all the others...I didn't write down everything I have promised. Just so, I am copying and pasting to a word doc so we don't loose all of our info here.

• Related Discussions

WANTED: Plant Swap in Winter Park on Saturday, October 21st from

Q

Comments (3)
    We are well on our way to a fun, successful Plant Swap on the 21st of October. So far, about 15 folks are attending, with the date still more than two months in the future. I have been as busy as a bee potting plants and starting seeds. My offerings, so far, will be heirloom tomato & pepper plants, a few herbs, a couple kinds of kenafs, some ruellia and a few Sago palm pups. I am starting some cuttings of "Blue Sky, thunbergias, some pink and some red mandevilla vines and some purple "Poor ManÂs Orchids," epidendrums. My husband, Bruce, is busy seeding more African tulip trees, eucalyptus citridoria and pineapple guavas. Plant freaks R Us! Anyone have water gardens? We may have a couple of extra lotus plants. Keep spreading the word and see you soon, Diana
    ...See More

WANTED: Swap-a-Que - October 19th - call for invites

Q

Comments (13)
    Well, after tonight's jerk chicken cook, somebody better bring a fire extinguisher! No joke, I just lit up my mouth. Promise I won't make it this hot on Sunday.
    ...See More

WANTED: Swap-a-Que - October 19th - swap list #2

Q

Comments (150)
    Hey everyone, I will not be able to come to the swap this weekend. I just got back from the vet and my doggie is not doing so well...apparently her spine is degenerating....anyway I can't leave her alone all day. For anyone that I was trading with I'm very sorry but hopefully I will make it to the next swap. If anyone is in the Miami area or passing through and would like to pick up their plants I am available and we can make a bar-b-que out of it.
    ...See More

WANTED: More Winter Park Plant Swap on October 21st

Q

Comments (71)
    Hello fellow gardeners, Pat that's what it is and your name is on one! I finely have something you want. If you want more LMK. Also I dug out one of the morning glory trees the root is quite large I put it in a recycling bucket. If you want it it's yours LMK. As for the pic's on my page my husband and I put that page together last night. So I'll have to go on it and take a look at the plants your talking about. Susana, I have root toned a couple of the morning Glory's if you want one lmk. I also have a gamosepala with your name on it. Diana, You have made my son so happy he said Thank you for the tomato and pepper. :) I'm not sure which of us is more excited about going to the swap me or the boys.
    ...See More
  • imatallun
    15 years ago

Yay! Glad to hear you will be attending Msmarian! We're neighbors...

I also have African Iris which aren't doing well in shade to trade for ... Kiwi vine, if you are interested Regina.

• cindeea
    15 years ago

I have some little plant starter pots, for African Violets or other small plants. They are ceramic with holes all over, perfect to set small plants in cache pots. anyone want a few? I have way too many. Will take pic if any interest.

• cdbinfl
    15 years ago

Michelle,
    Sorry for the delay in answering, I can always use pots. I potted up your Colocasia Esculenata Black magic (dark elephants ear) over the weekend.

Ricky, Add a big bowl of homemade potato salad to the food list.
    Cherie

• ladygreensleeves
    15 years ago

Imatallum.... I would very much be interested in the Kiwi vine, Banana pup, and the Hoya if you can spare it, for my Hoya fishtail, and mini waxleaf. What else would you be interested in? I have other houseplants as well. Ask I just might have it or not...lol.

Cindee....I would be interested in some of your little starter pots please. LMK what I can bring you in trade for them. Also how do you start your cuttings from the Cherrie Jubilee and the seed?
    I had worried that my loofa wasent going to produce for me, first because it just wasent getting enough water. It was blooming like crazy when the rains finally started but no loofa. I knew that the female flowers produced the fruits,all I was getting was clusters of male flowers. I fertilized it with some of natures best fertilizer(horse manure)and holy cow(no pun)...LOL...the vine really took off and the next thing I knew I have loofa's hanging all over!!!

I have alot of seed of this and that....just don't know what everyone would be interested in having....always willing to "start" something and share.

Fawnridge....I would love to bring an overnight salad as well as the bottle of wine.

• fawnridge (Ricky)
    Original Author
    15 years ago

"an overnight salad" - Que?

• cindeea
    15 years ago

Ditto what Ricky said..."Over night Salad"? Does it wear pajamas and sleep on the floor??

Lady G the little pots are yours. I have not been successful starting cutting of Cherries J but I know it can be done. I do best with seeds, they germinate rather well and quickly.

• Randy Ritchie
    15 years ago

Argh, my noid peachy brug cuttings didn't take. Going to try again before the swap. Fingers crossed.

I'm trying to start some begonias to bring. Here's photos of the three types I have, which have grown since receiving them at the last swap. It looks like I've successfully gotten some of the middle front one to take, if anybody would like some. See the URL.

girlsaylor

Here is a link that might be useful: begonias

• laura1
    15 years ago

I'm a little slow on the exchange forum and I'm having a hard time committing to driving. I guess this means I'm going.

There seems to be a lot of interest in hoyas which I happen to have. I can bring cuttings. Some are large plants and I can take several cuttings and other plants I can only take 1 cutting...
    Kentiana
    Shephardii
    Australis spp??
    Australis-spp. tenuipes
    Curtisii - multi. cuttings
    Lacanosa-Thai clone (blooms a lot)- large plant
    Laconosa-? also blooms alot-large plant
    Bilobata
    Picta
    DS-70 (one only)
    Nummularoides
    I'm also going to try and get some Clivia miniata

Cliff-do you still have a Christmas palm?

• trinigemini
    15 years ago

Is anyone interested in cardboard palms? I have a few little babies that can use a home.

• imatallun
    15 years ago

Oh my, Lynn, I've just spent a wonderful hour researching your marvelous collection of Hoyas! I would LOVE small cuttings of ALL of all of them with the exception of kentiana. Would swoon at shepherdii, australis, curtisii, lacanosa, bilobata, picta, DS-70, nummularoides, clivia miniata. Trying to come up with special trade for you. Do you like orchids? Staghorn Ferns? (I saw a cool post from an Australian combining hoya & staghorns.) Anthurium? Hmm.
    Or I have a couple of well rooted small cuttings of hoyas not on your list that I was saving to pot up with the original cuttings, but would be willing to give up in exchange for cuttings...

Ladygreen - sorry, I don't have the Kiwi vine. My post was confusing, I was offering African Iris to Regina.

(Regina, I would like some Kiwi Vine if there is anything on my list that interests you.)

Ladygreen, I have the banana pup & Hoya publicalyx saved for you.

Is your overnight salad the yummy layered one? And by the way I'm bringing a cheese/artichoke appetizer spread, as well as wine, water and camera.

• ladygreensleeves
    15 years ago

Imatallium....I have for you potted up today Hoya fishtail and Mini wax leaf ...for your H. Pubblicalyx pink Silver and banana pup.Thanks so much!

Ladygreensleeves aka Regina is looking for kiwi vine

Cindeea....Thanks so much for the pots I have some tiny plants(AV's) that will need them.

Lynn......I would dearly Love to have some cuttings of your Hoya's as well. I have just started my collection of these wonderful houseplants. I have a extra Fishtail and could make extras of my others in exchance. I have Strawberry and Cream, H.Carnosa verigated,Hindu Rope,Mini Wax leaf. If you have any extra Please keep me in mind.

Overnight salad is a combination of layered veggies that all snuggle together under a blanket of miraclewhip and bacon, is covered and placed overnight in the refrigerator to slumber.......rotflol

Regina aka ladygreensleeves

• cindeea
    15 years ago

Whoah...Ima, when you arrive, just place that artichoke spread on my lap, i will be sure everyone gets to smell it..YUMO for ME!!!! (What does 'imatallun' mean? I keep twirling that name around in my head!! lol.
    Evelyn, you mentioned on the thread about bush morning glory that you collect your seeds. Do you by chance have any to share??
    Lynn, I am just getting so crazy on Hoyas, if you have something special you want to give to an old beggar....I have Shephardii, and Curtisii so surprise me. I am making up Triple-Play pots of varied heirloom tomatoes if that tickles your fancy and I will have lots of Plumeria, still have some Vanilla Orchid(planifolia).

• ladygreensleeves
    15 years ago

girlsaylorz.....I would be interested in the begonia starts....Please let me what I can give you in trade for them.

Cindeea......I have been able to start Cherrie Jubilee from cuttings but have had no luck from seed....lol....have only gotten one seed pod in three years. Same from the Dwarf Yellow....Any thoughts as too why that might be?

• laura1
    15 years ago

I'm getting a little testy here!!! I'm not Lynn!
    Is fishtail the same as Polyneura? I have that but it isn't very big and I'm waiting for some neat blooms.
    Cindee I have one with your name on it...Nummularoides (it is fixing to bloom.)
    Regina-what is Strawberry and Cream? How about Lacanosa Thai Clone?
    Imatallun I'll bring you some cuttings of Shepardii.

I'll have others to bring to the swap too.

• msmarion
    15 years ago

I'll have lots of mini blind plant markers for everyone that needs them.

• laura1
    15 years ago

I also have Key lime seedling (8-12 inches)
    Rouge Plants
    1 flat (18 plants) Blue Bedder Salvia- should be a nice size by the time of the swap-1 person take all.

I'm interested in EEs but too ignorant to name names.

• Randy Ritchie
    15 years ago

Hey Regina aka ladygreensleeves -

I'll bring you some begonias. If you have some desert rose starts, I've been wanting to try one, or even a couple, if they aren't spoken for. Thank you!

girlsaylor

• imatallun
    15 years ago

Laura, I'm happy to be the recipient of shepherdii, which happened to be my first choice -thank you very much! (Sorry about calling you Lynn!!!) Did you see anything on my list that I can give you in trade?

Marion, I could definitely use some blind plant markers, thanks for bringing to the swap!

LOL Cindy, I checked for the dip recipe tonight. Finally found it in my recipe box on a folded up 2/2000 paystub. It's titled "THE RECIPE" - it took me 2 years of wheedling with the chef/owner of a restaurant in MO to get, and one night he just gave it up. And when we meet, you'll know what Imatallun means : )

• cindeea
    15 years ago

OK Ima-you aren't giving me the SHORT story, are you?? Had to keep re-reading your name..... hee hee. Are you from MO? When I met hubby he had a fishing resort in Rockaway Beach near Branson. and my best friend is in St Lou

Laura, please save one of those Key Lime seedlings for my sweetheart Cliff(tropicalfreak) he was just asking me if I had any more. We'll find something to trade ya for it.

After going through my garden I find I have a few of potted NOID Plumeria that I have no place to plant. These are rooted. I am still bringing the pink/orange, that I am rooting (3 of them) and some cuttings of Aztek Gold and my Red/Wine NOIDS as promised. PLEASE anyone that wants them...TAKE EM!!

• coffeemom
    15 years ago

Hey LAURA, I'm bringing several EE pups. Coal miner, elena, big dipper, and polly.
    If you have a hoya plant not spoken for, I'd be interested.

• ladygreensleeves
    15 years ago

Laura....my bad....I apologize I would be delighted to have the Lacanosa Thai Clone.Thank-you so much. The fishtail is indeed a Polyneura can bring you more of that if you wish(rooted). The Strawberry and Cream is simular to the H carnosa verigated but the verigation is different as well as having some all white leaves with some that are tinted pink. Also have some of the Giant Green EE's if interested. I would like to have one of the Key Lime seedlings also, I lost mine this past summer :( Please

Girlsaylorz....I have a Desert Rose seedling and can take a cutting from each of my larger Plants for the Begonia's

msmarion....Those plant markers made from the blinds sure will come in handy. I have been wanting to make my own,but cant seem to lay my hands on any spare blinds. They will be greatly appreciated(and your efforts too)Thanks!

• laura1
    15 years ago

Regina-I have you down for a Key Lime. No thanks on the giant EE. My polyneura is just starting to get some size so I'm ok there.
    Coffeemon-I dont' have any of those EEs so what ever you decide will be fine, thanks. How about a H. Bilobata unless you have another request.

• scottrell
    15 years ago

Hi everyone! I have been lurking for several months and have decided that I must attend this swap!! I can bring:
    Elephant ears
    shampoo ginger
    butterfly ginger
    un named bromeliad pups
    White angel trumpet rooted cuttings
    Frosty pink Brug cuttings
    One monstera deliciosa
    prickly pear
    pencil tree
    castor bean plants
    I'm sure there is more, gotta go look around outside. I have tons of seeds too.
    I would love a croton, some hoya cuttings and anything edible! Also I am cookoo for cocnouts!!
    I am looking forward to meeting all you Florida gardeners!!

• fawnridge (Ricky)
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sharon - I have 7 Crotons to give away. I'll put you down for one of them. And if you want Coconuts, you can take my 14' extension ladder and a pair of lopers and cut as many as you like.

• jupiterplants
    15 years ago

Regina.

I lied when I said i don`t want anythning :)

Would love one of your amazon lillies

Thanks,
    D`Ann

• natives_and_veggies
    15 years ago

Imatallun,
    You will have as many persian shield as I can fit in the hatchback. Snails got a few while I was out of town, but I've got more rooting in the windowsill. No need to pot up the gumbo limbo. I've got the spot already picked out for it, planning to just stick it in the ground and water. thanks!

Laura1 (aka not lynn),
    I have a Christmas palm potted up, but it's little - like it still looks more like a big ground orchid at this point, just fronds. If you want it, let me know and I'll tuck it into the hatchback as well.

Trinigemini,

I'd love cardboard palm babies, just one or two. Is there anything I've got that you want? You sent me the maroon crinum seeds, didn't you? I've got a couple coming up and a friend has a couple too (you sent seven which was very generous!)
    We're both really looking forward to them getting big and gorgeous.

And my final request. Anyone have extra gloriosa lillies? My grandmother used to grow them and I've finally found the right place for them in my yard, so ... now I have to have them. :)

Susannah

• tropicalfreak
    15 years ago

Laura,
    Yes, I have a baby Christmas Palm for you.

Anybody, got a small piece of Butterfly ginger I can adopt? : )

-Cliff

• scottrell
    15 years ago

Hi, Thanks Ricky! I can just see me climbing a giant coconut palm! LOL!
    Susannah, I can bring you a gloriosa lily.
    Cliff, I will put you down for some butterfly ginger. Just make sure that you remember where you plant it because it will go dormant in the winter and seem to disapear. I went to plant something where it was and almost lost it. I need one of those signs that says "I don't remember planting this"
    Sharon

• trinigemini
    15 years ago

Susannah,

I'll bring you as many cardboard palms as I can keep alive until the swap.....I found them in the lawn and pulled them before the gardeners could cut them down....I also still have some right under the mother so I will pull those for you the morning of the swap. I don't really need anything as my yard is pretty small and its already been filled by gardenwebbers :-) However, if you have extra tomatoes I'll try them again.....I haven't had too much luck with them :-)

I didn't send you crinum seeds although I also have the maroon one..I've never seen seeds on mine but of course I am very bad at looking for seeds..maybe the other Michelle did (greeacresgirl) My crinum has gotten very big...the leaves are about three feet long :-)

• ladygreensleeves
    15 years ago

Laura...Thanks again, please LMK if I have anything that might interest you.

Jupiterplants.....I have you down for some Amazon lilies :)

• maryataylor_2008
    15 years ago

I would really love to be in this swap. Is it in Ocala this year? Or did I read wrong from last year? I have never been to a swap before. But have wanted to go to one so bad. I am a beginner at gardening. I was going to go to a swap in tampa this summer, but hubby would not let me go. Said it was too far, but Ocala is very close to us. I do have a few plants for trade,
    I have baby desert roses ,most named.
    burgundy mallow or red, purple leaf hibiscus.
    giant green EE.
    mexican putunias
    may have a few brug cuttings, named
    spidder babies from bonnie, has curly leaves
    Green spider
    green with white in middle
    white with green in middle
    I have a few hoya I can get cuttings from.
    A few bromilaids.
    illus. Ee
    lime green EE
    aloe plants
    a few house plants other than hoya.
    mother of thousands
    I will have to look around the house for other plants.
    Please let me know if I can come and will need directions on how to get there. Thanks so much, Mary.
    PS. I will need to know if I am to bring something other than plants, like food.

• jupiterplants
    15 years ago

Mary a taylor,

This is Ricky's swap and he is in Boca.... Southeast Fla.

It is a bit of a drive for us here in northern palm beach county too .

You are not the only one that is thinking about gas money : (

This potential economic break down is real scary.

If you can not come try posting your zip code in the conversation pages.... I sure that you have some g webbers right around the corner from you : )

You can have your own "mini swap"

• jupiterplants
    15 years ago

Ricky. should we start a thread just for food ?

This thread loads very slowly for me.

• natives_and_veggies
    15 years ago

Trini and Sharon, thanks to both of you! I'll certainly have tomatoes. I'll set aside one for you Trini. Would you like one too Sharon?

• jupiterplants
    15 years ago

Regina , Thanks :)

D`Ann

• fawnridge (Ricky)
    Original Author
    15 years ago

D'Ann - We're in pretty good shape for food. I'm sure there are a bunch of salads and desserts that I've left off my spreadsheet, but knowing how we always have leftovers, I'm not worried!

There'll be a 2nd thread within the next few days as this one is hitting the limit.

• cindeea
    15 years ago

OH CRAP, I can't find my Cuppaccino Brownie Recipe...I hope I remember how to make it...They are YUMMY!!

Speaking of food, Is Tony bring St. Mary Beth's buns?? Those are the best!

MaryA-what kind of bromeliads do you have?

• fawnridge (Ricky)
    Original Author
    15 years ago

This what I have so far:

brownies
    Buns
    pulled pork and brisket
    salad
    Salsa and chips
    Salsa and chips
    something
    wine

• tropicalfreak
    15 years ago

Anybody have Anthuriums to share? : )

Tropicalfreak

• tropicalfreak
    15 years ago

Did someone say Desert Rose? : )

• sillybugs
    15 years ago

i wish i could go!!!
    cindee i still have your statue/lady, and i still have a lavender firespike for abendwolke.

i need to work on getting there.

• tropicalfreak
    15 years ago

Thank you Sharon.

-Cliff

• wanna_run_faster
    15 years ago

Ricky, I have a small red and a small pink Etilator (sp?) that I can divide for you. So far I have you down for those, some broms, and a michelia champaca.

I still have american beautyberrys (see GardenPa's thread to see how pretty these are in bloom!), michealia champaca (orange flower) seedlings, miscellaneous hoyas (mostly carnosa or the green sports of KP or KQ), plumerias (see pictures), plumeria pudica, and miscellaneous coleus & perilla (perilla is a great subsitute for coleus for hot sunny areas with little water), Hedychium Sherry Baby (I think I got this from Evelyn last swap? It's now my favorite!), Hedychium Flavum, misc. heliconias, frosty pink brugs, etc. I've posted a link to some pictures below.

Does anyone have any cuttings of the following to share? Jasmines, sweet almond verbana (aloysia virgata), Sweet olive (osmanthus fragans), aglaia odorata, bridal veil, fiddlewood, or small fragrant hedychiums? Fragrance is my new thing, lol.

Thanks
    WRF

Here is a link that might be useful: Swap Photos

• cindeea
    15 years ago

Helen if you're into fragrance...did I ever give you a Passie Incense?? Also, do you still want me to bring you a bucket of Crown of Thorns-red ones and white ones?

Cliff-I have the pink dessert rose for you. Look up ^ a few pages.

• teka2rjleffel
    15 years ago

wrf, I have lots of jasmine cuttings. I'll cut them and give them a bit of a start today.

Beverly, do you still have some pink porterweed. I have the purple and a bit of the red, but no pink.

Does anyone have tomato plants that don't get too big? I have limited sun room. Thanks

Ricky,
    Anything specific needed for lunch?
    Nancy

• cindeea
    15 years ago

Nancy, I had made up a pot for you with 3 red/standard size tomatoes. I will look and see what I have that is container recommended and stays smallish. NO CHERRIES and ONLY RED, Right?? I had put together Marianna's Peace, Compari and Super Sioux...let me do some research and I will back with some compact tomatoes.

• greenacresgirl
    15 years ago

Nancy would you be interested in an eggplant that is supposed to stay small? Eggplant Hansel Hybrid

Sponsored