What Major Purchase Do You Feel You Really Screwed Up On?
6 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (54)
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
Related Discussions
Do you ever feel like giving up?
Comments (23)Brugmansias in hanging baskets. Portulacas. Yuccas. And green spray paint. That's my landscaping plan for next year. (Joking - I think.) I feel your pain. Spent from 4:30 to 9:30 last night running in and out to turn the soaker hoses on and off. This was after watering plants all day for a living. And it was hot as heck too. But the soakers are a whole lot better than standing there with a water wand being eaten by mosquitos and flies. I found an extra soaker in the basement that you can flip over and turn into a sprinkler hose. I ran it through the shade border where the ferns and hydrangeas were gasping. It is supposed to blend in with the bed - how dayglow green with yellow stripes blends in is beyond me. But it made a nice misty shower effect that I think the plants enjoyed. Going on vacation this coming week - will have a tangle of soaker hoses on timers running every few days. And the outdoor deck and porch pots will have little wicky devices that help keep them watered. Of course, if I do that, it will pour rain the whole time....See MoreDo you really use them up or else, throw them out?
Comments (24)I don't keep old herbs, but then I don't keep many of them, since I keep most of what I want in my yard. Basil won't last past January, and then I just buy it fresh until I can start a new crop. Spices do keep for quite a while, but I never buy them powdered, and I have a coffee grinder that I use for grinding them. I don't drink coffee, and so that is a good way to use the coffee grinder. Ginger I only use either fresh or pickled - I never used dried. I keep ginger root in the freezer, but I also have a jar of ginger paste that works well when I'm making Japanese or Thai soups. There are very few dried herbs that I like, but I do keep dried sage on hand, even though I could grow it. I also keep dried oregano and dried thyme, even though I have fresh in my yard at all times. Sometimes the dried versions suffice, and they do save a bit of time. Lars...See MoreYou wake up & feel first sign of a cold coming on; what do you do
Comments (31)My miracle cure or prevention is grapefruit seed extract. It comes in a liquid extract or pills. The liquid drops are very bitter but it's more versatile and I don't run out as often. I dissolve some Airborne in a few ounces of water or warm water with honey and add 10-15 drops of grapefruit seed ext. and chug-a-lug it down or you can take the pills. I can't remember when I had a cold or flu get past the tickle in my throat, it's been years and I never take flu shots and haven't had the flu either. Cautionary note: Some people are allergic to grapefruit but I don't know anyone who is....See MoreWhat time do you wake up & what time do you to sleep/
Comments (29)Most of the time I wake up before my 5:30 AM alarm goes off. Up, turn on the TV, and the computer, get dressed, read email and the paper online while eating breakfast. Then, peek in here at the KT, and on facebook, and get ready to go to work. If I ride my bike I leave the house 15 minutes earlier than if I drive. I work till 1:30 PM officially, but most times don't get out till after 2:00 I return to my bed after the 10:00 PM news and start the whole fun scenario again. :) Moni...See More- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
Related Stories

HOUZZ TOURSHouzz Tour: Major Changes Open Up a Seattle Waterfront Home
Taken down to the shell, this Tudor-Craftsman blend now maximizes island views, flow and outdoor connections
Full Story
ORGANIZING‘Tidying Up’ Author Marie Kondo Tells How to ‘Spark Joy’ at Home
A new book from the author of ‘The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up’ delves deeper into her KonMari Method of decluttering and organizing
Full Story
BATHROOM COLOR8 Ways to Spruce Up an Older Bathroom (Without Remodeling)
Mint tiles got you feeling blue? Don’t demolish — distract the eye by updating small details
Full Story
LIFESlow Down and Ease Up: A Sanity-Saving Approach to Life
Why not take the pressure off and live a little more consciously in 2017? The challenging goals can wait
Full Story
BATHROOM MAKEOVERSInside Houzz: A Chopped-Up Bathroom Goes Streamlined and Swank
Dysfunctionally divided and dated too, this bath needed major help. The homeowner found it on Houzz
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPINGClean Up Your Cleanup Zones
Make chore time more pleasant by tidying up your laundry room and updating cleaning tools
Full Story
FEEL-GOOD HOMEEasy Ways to Spruce Up Your Summer Vacation Rental
If your rented cabin, cottage or beach shack isn’t up to par, fear not. A few tweaks can make it more comfortable
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSHouzz Tour: Major Renovations Aid a Usonian Home
Its classic lines got to stay, but this 1950s home's outdated spaces, lack of privacy and structural problems got the boot
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSHouzz Tour: A Portland Bungalow Gets a Major Lift
Raising a whole house allowed 5 extra bedrooms and a walk-out basement — plus a boost in income
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDES7 Home Purchases Worth the Splurge
Make buyer's remorse over furniture, textiles and more a thing of the past with this wise purchasing advice
Full Story
dedtired