SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kikobiloba

Is there anything to save in this kitchen?

kikobiloba
4 years ago

Hi! We're moving into a house with this kitchen. Our style is an eclectic mix of simple earthy Scandinavian with artsy boho accents, leans a bit California and modern. This kitchen is not my taste yet it's good quality materials. I'm wondering if there's anything to save or any intermediate fixes before I eventually replace it completely.

Cabinets: nice quality, cream, more traditional style, there's a coppery colored stripe on the edges.

Countertops: granite mix of grey, black and tan colors. From a distant it reads medium grey

Floors: are nice hardwood, plan to leave these

Island: is two-tier (ultimately I'll want only counter height) matches cabinet style but dark brown wood.

Backsplash: tan and cream multicolor brick

Walls: blue now, painting them a not-stark white right away

Ultimately I'm trying to decide if there's anything I should save, and if there's anyway to spruce this up in the meantime before doing a larger renovation. The toughest part to me is the granite counter tops - i think they're bringing it down and I'm not sure what kind of intermediate fix would work with them. The cupboards are actually nice quality, and I feel a bit bad getting rid of them just because it's not my favorite style and wondering if anything can be done. What would you all do?

Thanks so much!

Comments (9)