SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
secsteve

Our 40th Orphan's Thanksgiving and other news

secsteve
4 years ago

This is what I posted last night, but for some reason didn't show up.

In October Geo and I celebrated 40 year together and six years officially. Our first year together we asked some friends to join us who either didn't have anywhere to go or were no longer welcome at home. We did our turkey that year on the rotisserie and did for many years until it just got to be too much for us.

Yesterday was again as delightful as always. Even though I get bone tired, I always enjoy seeing how happy everyone is and enjoying themselves. It helps that everyone brings something so that all I need worry about is the turkey and mashed potatoes.

Two weeks ago my sister-in-law passed away not unexpectedly. She had had two strokes and was told by the doctors Absolutely NO SMOKING or Drinking. Her response? What do the effing doctors know. My brother took it pretty hard and from what I can tell, mostly because of misinformation before they could decide on whether to keep her on life support or not. Not an easy decision.

They are doing a memorial service for her today, but I wasn't notified until Wednesday, so even if we hadn't been doing Thanksgiving, it would have been impossible for me to make it back to MI. According to my great niece both her mother and uncle dropped the ball on the notifications etc. and she's ready to shoot them both.

And how was your Thanksgiving?

Comments (3)