SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
donnie_smith17

Debris from kitchen remodel falling in basement. Need help.

wolverines0607
4 years ago

We just finished a remodel of our whole main level. Knocking down walls, moving a kitchen to a new room, and brand new kitchen and new wood floors throughout. The remodel of the main level looks great. But, one major issue has appeared. They did not do a detailed cleaning of sub floors before laying the underlayment and new wood floors. Our basement is finished and we sprayed the ceiling black instead of a drop ceiling or drywall one, as we liked the look more. But, where the sub floor sections butt up to each other. Dust and debris keeps falling all over our home theater seats, carpeting and speakers. I really don’t feel like dealing with the contractor anymore, while they did good work, there were many delays, and hiccups(mostly on there part). Its been about 2 months and it still continues fall, as I vacuum and wipe eve down everything, and a few days later it’s back. Would getting some black caulk and running a bead where the boards meet up be a decent idea? Does any one have any suggestions I migh try? I’ll attach pictures of my basement to give a idea of the layout and look.

Thanks in advance

Comments (7)