SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ritaweeda

Florida Looking into Uncertified "Emotional Support" Animals

ritaweeda
4 years ago

I think it's about time that people might have to have certified proof of whether they require an "emotional support" animal. I have no doubt that a lot of the "support animals" I see in public places are just pets of people who want to be able to take them anywhere no matter what. Pets are banned from most public places for health or safety reasons and I don't like it when people try to circumvent the rules and then dare the business owners to prevent them with threatened lawsuits. If they are made to carry certification from a doctor that they need it then that would satisfy my suspicions when I see them. Perhaps a special tag or something that can be readily seen should also be required with the certification. I have a feeling that this might cause some discussion with so many pet lovers (I love them, too) and I'm wondering if there are some who have the opinion that it's none of my business if people want to take their pets into public places. If that's the case what about the ones who have pet horses or peacocks for emotional support? What if they want to carry around a support snake or iguana??

Comments (65)