SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kayla_marie8769

Yes, yet another Lacanche thread (2019)

Kayla
4 years ago

I'll be installing a Lacanche range as part of a full-home remodel. I've gone back and forth what seems like hundreds of times, scoured Houzz threads and searched elsewhere on the internet. Based on my remodel timeline and Lacanche's logistical considerations, I need to make my decision within the next few weeks. I'm leaning toward the Chagny (pictured in white). I know that the standard response to these questions will be along the lines of "it depends on your lifestyle/cooking habits", but I guess I'm just looking for additional commentary here and thinking out loud. I'm struggling with the following:

1. Warming cupboard: if I choose the white model pictured (Chagny), will I regret not having the warming cupboard? Alternatively, if I choose the option with the warming cupboard, will I regret not having a second oven? (I've never had multiple ovens or a warming drawer before.) The workaround to this could be to have a separate warming drawer/microwave appliance, but currently, I just plan to have a microwave hidden away in a cabinet.
  2. Large oven vs. standard sized oven: The majority of my cookware will fit in the standard sized oven. My All Clad lasagna pan and deep sauté pan will not fit in the standard oven due to extending handles. I almost never use the lasagna pan, but use the deep sauté pan frequently. I'm bummed about this, but this pan is also produced without a long handle, which I could buy. Has anyone regretted going with the standard oven instead of the large oven? Again, between these models, the dilemma between one and multiple ovens exists.
  3. Classique vs. traditional range top:As an American, I'm entirely unfamiliar with the traditional top option. It seems intriguing. I frequently make pasta (so the classique top seems more conducive to boiling large quantities of water fast?) but also make sauces and soups frequently that require long simmers. Traditional top owners, how is this working out for you? The "safe" option for me would be the classique, but I don't want to miss out on the traditional top just because I'm unfamiliar. My fear with the traditional is that I'd end up not liking it.

I'm working with the Lacanche rep Victoria out of LA who has been very helpful in providing me information about these questions. I'd just like more crowdsourced opinions. If you've made it this far, thank you!

Comments (6)