SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
latonya_white

Chairs to go with this table

LT Dub
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Ok guys you’re up! :)

Consolidated posting! I have several post up regarding this same area.

New table has arrived and I need chairs!

My goal in changing my furniture was to brighten up the space and to have the space comfy and sophisticated! I guess that would be traditional transitional pseudo-glam

I’ve posted some chairs that I’ve looked at below. I’m open to others as none of these have really stood out to me. The floor model had great chairs but they seemed a little large for the space?? This table wilI also be the main dining space and I didn’t know how functional they would be. I do like the color. I also included my inspiration photo for the space.

I can’t align with the buffet table as that wall is off center and the table will no longer be under the chandelier which is centered.

I also included the chair style and fabric for my great room sitting chairs that have not yet arrived.

I am not a pro or designer and I’m open to ALL ideas!!!

We’re sticking to picking these CHAIRS first!!

But other dilemmas include:

*rug

*stunning wallpaper (see my other post)

*rug

*buffet wall decor (??switch with bookcase)

*lighting fixture

*window treatments!!!!

FYI I would love to put a barn door on that opening what will lead to a game room with pool table

Comments (62)

• LT Dub
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Arcy — the old table was dark brown with tan chairs, rectangular

• LT Dub
    Original Author
    4 years ago

• Related Discussions

Chairs to go with rustic table

Q

Comments (12)
    I'm out of town right now so I don't have a picture. It's a very large table with 6 chairs. I wax it rather than have a poly finish on it. Painted chairs would look really nice with some pretty cushions. I'm tired of rush seating because it gets torn up too easily. I'll start looking. Thanks!
    ...See More

Help me find chairs to go with this table!

Q

Comments (1)
    If you use your dining room for very casual family dinners, I suppose plastic molded chairs are suitable, but I prefer comfort over trend and plastic chairs are not terribly comfortable. What about something like these? (I know you said you were looking for white, but I thought this color was complimentary, too.)
    ...See More

I need suggestions for dining chairs to go with this table.

Q

Comments (6)
    We did end up buying the rectangular version of the table and have been very happy so far. The wood is distressed enough that it hides scratches much better than our old Room and Board table we replaced. We haven’t put it to the test of a holiday meal yet, though! One great thing I realized anout it after they delivered the table is it would be easy to replace the tabletop and keep the base. While I have no immediate plans to do so, I could see at some point down the road finding a woodworker to craft a new top and keep the gorgeous metal base.
    ...See More

What kind of chairs would go w/this oak table for a more updated look

Q

Comments (4)
    I also have an oak kitchen table and I am looking to replace my 40 year old wooden chairs. I am thinking about some clean line colorful upholstered chairs for a more modern touch.
    ...See More
  • LT Dub
    Original Author
    4 years ago

@Flo Mangan what do you think of those tufted chairs I posted above??

@Manon Floreat

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    4 years ago

The tufted chairs are way too large for your space so think more streamlined. Also, tufted surfaces on furniture where food can be eaten creates difficulties cleaning. Need long nose vacuum attachment to get stuff out if holes. So go for flat seat.

LT Dub thanked Flo Mangan
  • Manon Floreat
    4 years ago

Hi, LT! I like'em, but I think the nail head trim is a little over the top. What do you think?

Here's a similar silhouette, but with more restraint on the trim.

LT Dub thanked Manon Floreat
  • LT Dub
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Manon; thanks for the mock up!! I actually like the style of the 1st one better in the pics!!!

Interesting I was just looking at that second chair AND I thought about the switching the location of the buffet and bookcase; however, it looked crowded (maybe all of the books instead of decor made it look that way)

Someone mentioned a pattern and you posted a round back above, thoughts on this chair

• LT Dub
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Also comes without the nailheads

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    4 years ago

I would look for some styling like this chair. And you can select a leather for seat and fabric for the back. You could really have fin with some interesting fabrics on the front and backs of the chairs.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    4 years ago

Opps forgot picture.

• LT Dub
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Flo: that’s a great idea! I think my dilemma is that although I like those upholstered tufted back chairs they just look so flimsy...something I see changing in a year...and believe it or not...I don’t like to change much LOL

however I can see how some of the chairs I looked at are too “heavy“

i can see keeping these rounded back chairs with wood framing

Here are the window chairs and fabric, should receive these in the next couple of weeks (the back of chair will be gold, the main chair the cream with small gold diamonds, the fabric on top the pillow)

• homechef59
    4 years ago

I'm glad you brought up the subject of switching the bookcase with the buffet. I would try it.

Here is why, the location of the chandelier and the height of the ceiling You have set up the buffet as a symmetrical piece. This demands that the table and chandelier be centered on it. You can't do that on that wall.

The bookcase is the taller arrangement and seems squished underneath the dropped part of the ceiling. If you put it on the other wall, it will highlight the height of the ceiling and draw your eye upwards. It will also be asymmetrical. That will help with the chandelier table placement.

I like the round back chairs without tufting. They compliment the round shape of the table and mirror and are more proportional for the room.

LT Dub thanked homechef59
  • Manon Floreat
    4 years ago

I think I prefer the oval back or a simple slope arm with this table. I went into your dining room and played dress up while I was there! Check out Ballard Designs for the oval back if you decide to go that route. They have lots of fabric options.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    4 years ago

Good idea to move buffet. That will help with position of chandelier. Needs to be centered over table with room for chair push back from edge of table. You need 24” around from edge of table for push back.

• LT Dub
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Manon: those mock ups are great!!! thank you!! Love the art, chairs and the rugs!! I may have to get some chairs just for the holiday so that my family can sit down and have dinner :/ and custom order the chairs I want for later.

The round back only works with a custom fabric like that leopard above!!

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    4 years ago

Keep width of chair seats around 20-22” at front seat edge. This is limiting factor for round table. The larger chairs are wide and heavy along with more expensive. Might want to rent some for holidays so you don’t spend more than you want. I do this for “staging”. Doesn’t cost much compared to buying dining chairs.

• LT Dub
    Original Author
    4 years ago

After looking at the pictures I posted above, I realize that I love this look!

...which is similar to my inspiration photo ... go figure :-)

• LT Dub
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Flo: you’re following my kitchen as well!!! If I do this chair in the dining room, what do you think

about the upholstered stool in the kitchen?

• LT Dub
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Ok so I went with these chairs

rug ideas?? I like the white/gold In the mock up above or something light! Where can I find that rug

• LT Dub
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Ok the chairs look good! Only 2 of 4 have arrived. I think I should do 6.

***now I need ideas for a rug and wall paper??? In keeping with my inspiration photo! Only I would not do such a trendy chandelier ...

my entire space was dark and I’m trying to brighten it up

I like the black and white rug to give a little pop of design but worry about it being dark ..., I like the gold and cream as well ... or just off white ?

I think I should probably choose rugs for both spaces (living/dining) so that they coordinate

• homechef59
    4 years ago

Gold and cream. Your palette is warm and earthy. The gold and cream will tie into the lamps and the blinds. I like that rug, too.

• LT Dub
    Original Author
    4 years ago

The other chairs have come in

• Theresa Janssen
    4 years ago

I like the gold and cream rug as well. I'm posting a few more options, a couple have more of a muted pattern that you may like.

Ladder Abstract Plaid Lattice 5x8 Shag Area Rug · More Info

Nourison Desert Skies Flint Rectangle Area Rug 5'3" x 7'5" · More Info

Quartz Ivory Area Rug, 6.7'x9.6' · More Info

Hand Loomed Irina Rectangle Area Rug IRN-1006, 5'x7'6" · More Info

LT Dub thanked Theresa Janssen
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    4 years ago

Look for a round rug. It will work better in your spaces to keep walkways open. Probably need 9’ round.

• LT Dub
    Original Author
    4 years ago

What do you think about these buffet tables

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    4 years ago

I have the exact dining table ..the finish is amazing...indestructible....it is in my kitchen nook so went with a bit more casual chairs....your room looks beautiful.

Saddlebrook · More Info

LT Dub thanked Home Interiors with Ease
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    4 years ago

I love all the neutrals in your spaces...my Houzz friends are tough on me because I love neutrals..it is so calming:)

love your console choices..I really like the first one..where would it be used?

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    4 years ago

Here are two of my favs from a Neiman Marcus..both on sale.

LT Dub thanked Home Interiors with Ease
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    4 years ago

I like the first one you posted. What budget are you wanting to stay within? That helps to narrow the field of selections.

• LT Dub
    Original Author
    4 years ago

my budget sometimes depends on how much I REALLY like something!!! So please share ideas!!

I have a selection of buffet /console tables that I’ve been looking at for the tv and dining areas. now looking back and getting that table and chairs in the space I‘m thinking one of these consoles might look good in the dinunh area

home interiors — I’m pretty sure I looked at that second console before! the neutrals are in stark contrast to my prior dark traditional furniture. my goal is sophisticated but comfortable (which seems to be transitional) so I’m trying to bring in gold as the accent color But not an overwhelming amount

• Manon Floreat
    4 years ago

Chairs look great, LT! I really like the first sideboard you posted for the dining area.

For the TV, what do you think about this one from Caracole? I like because it's light and will brighten up that wall a bit, but has the dark wood found in some of your other furnishings. In fact the finish looks identical to that of the window chairs you ordered. I also like the touch of gold on those sassy legs!

It's 8' long, though . . . What's the length of the TV wall?

• Gcubed
    4 years ago

Following

• dianabythelocks
    4 years ago

You didn't mention your coffee table - were you thinking about changing it? It looks a little heavy to me (but I'm not a pro).

• LT Dub
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Manon - the TV console is VERY nice! I have so many projects that I hadn’t posted that question yet. I was going to ask if the dark wood grounded the area or if I should go lighter. I hadn’t seen anything I really liked until the one you posted above!!!

yes the coffee table can be changed

i can Now visualize That first sideboard in the dining room, the lighter console for the television

• LT Dub
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I browsed a ton of rugs, here are a few color options I like. Not sure if the black/white darkens the area and my hope is that the gold is golden and not ”yellow”

living or dining area rugs

my friend wants to bring her kids by tomorrow for pizza...I have to work on my patio next LOL

• LT Dub
    Original Author
    4 years ago

The current TV console is 64” L 34” H

• LT Dub
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Here are Other consoles I’ve considered ..., I wasn’t brave enough to go gold for the TV console

DINING ROOM

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    4 years ago

First one the other are too heavy looking.

• pat1250
    4 years ago

• LT Dub
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Ok! Back from vacation!

Happy New Year!

I’m still looking for a rug

• LT Dub
    Original Author
    4 years ago

The accent chairs Arrived today and are beautiful!!!

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    4 years ago

Gorgeous!

• mary44
    4 years ago

Following

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    4 years ago

Mary. That chair might be great in your master?

• mary44
    4 years ago

Flo....I was thinking the same LOL ! Do you know the source?

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    4 years ago

I’ve seen it but forget where. It probably doesn’t fit budget but I sure love it.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    4 years ago

LT- where did you get the chairs?

• mary44
    4 years ago

It is very pretty:)

• LT Dub
    Original Author
    4 years ago

@Flo Mangan - @mary44

it’s the Lexington Greenwood chair. It’s completely customizable!!! I purchased locally so I was able to see and pick the fabric that was used. I don’t know if you can appreciate the size and height on the pictures!

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    4 years ago

Beautiful. Thanks

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    4 years ago

Wow! Pricey chair. I knew it was great chair but whew! Good on you LT!!