SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alicia_cobb15

Dining room/table size help!

Alicia Cobb
4 years ago

I purchased a new home and am shopping for new furniture. My new dining room is 11’9” front to back and 11’ wide. It has 11’ vaulted ceilings, a gorgeous chandelier and a huge arched window (lots of natural light) but is smaller than our current dining room. I found a furniture collection that I definitely want to purchase but am having difficulty selecting which table! I want to seat 6 regularly but would like the option of adding 2 seats for holidays. My options are:

A) larger table that is 89.5 inches long. Leaving only 25” on either end. Would not put end chairs unless hosting a large group. This table is currently available to purchase and is on sale!

B) smaller table from the same collection that is 75” long. Is NOT available and is on back order for who knows how long. Would do two chairs on either side and end chairs. It does have an optional leaf.

C) not purchase from the collection I’ve been eyeing (which I already purchased a coffee table and foyer table in the gray wood tones to match) and try to find a circle table. Not sure what size would work? And it would be a different finish/might clash with existing wood tones But I do think a round table would look great in the space.

I want to purchase something today so any advice is greatly appreciated!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022