SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ritaweeda

Do You Believe "Gut" Feelings are Something that Shouldn't be Ignored?

ritaweeda
4 years ago

I'm one of those who value practicality and common sense on the one hand but then I also have "gut" feelings that are hard to ignore on the other. My practical side tells me to only look at facts and make the right decision. However, sometimes I have an instinctual gut feeling about something that has no factual backing whatsoever but if I ignore it I usually get burned big-time. I got my hair cut yesterday and as usual it was a person I'd never seen before and this person was also sick. I hesitated to let her touch me but I hate having to wait or go to another place so I let her do it. I couldn't wait for her to get done and get out of there and it was much later at home after running around that I actually noticed that the back was pretty much untouched. And I blame myself for not reminding her to let me see the back, which she didn't do. So my gut was yelling at me to not let her do it but my practical side was telling me that everything was going to be OK, just get it done already. Or am I wrong? Was it my practical side that was doing screaming?? Most times I am very glad to listen to the gut feeling in the end and upset with myself when I don't. Do you believe in gut feeling or do you think it's just a different way of common sense to step in and appear to be instinct?

Comments (39)