SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
smilingdazey

Pls help me tie together living room

Lynnea Jackson
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hoping you guys can give me some guidance! I added pics in comments, I'm unsure how to include them on the post. So previous owners removed the wall and created a larger living room space but due to heating ducts, there is a small wall that makes furniture placement difficult to tie the 2 sides together. We have been renovating and updating but have our current furniture to contend with.Here is where we are: We have just replaced carpet flooring with a gray/brown engineered hardwood, replaced almond colored windows with white, replaced all house trim from oak to white, whitewashed the fireplace, walls painted Ben Moore Briarwood, created a shiplap tv built-in and placed shiplap on the wall beside stairs. Because previous color scheme was browns and beiges, our furniture is still in that color family. Exterior door will eventually be replaced.Where we need help: 1. We have one area rug in the tv side and need another on the fireplace side but can't decide what color or what won't compete with the one we purchased for the tv side of the room. 2. I can't determine best furniture placement to best use the space on the fireplace side of the living room. 3. We are willing to purchase 1 or 2 new chairs and get rid of the ones pictured. Suggestions? 4. I don't know what to place in the corner by the fireplace- an end table or something with height? 5. Window treatment ideas?Please share any tips or ideas, even beyond my questions! And excuse the bins and other disarray, our kitchen renovation is still underway so we are storing stuff in the living room. Also note the dog crate is typically NOT in this room so that corner also might need some type of decor.

Comments (7)