SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maifleur01

For any federal employees or retirees changes to TSP

maifleur01
4 years ago

I posted this over in HT also because not everyone visits both sites.

Facebook is the only place I see any information about the TSP that is part of my retirement. Some of you may need to check your account to see if you have the proper information and can actually comply with the new changes.

"Two-factor authentication will be mandatory in December 2019 to help protect your TSP account from the bad guys. Even if they know your password, two-factor authentication helps you protect your account against fraud by prompting you for a one-time verification code each time you log in.

To prepare your account, check to make sure you have a valid cell phone number and up to two email addresses on file and add two-factor authentication to avoid interrupted access to your account next month.

To add this security feature, log into My Account on tsp.gov and go to your profile settings."

Not everyone has a cellphone although most on here do. Some areas of the country cell phone coverage does not exist or is of the type you have to find the "good spot". My stepdaughter in northern New Mexico has to be out of the mountains to use hers. There is also the little thing about having two email addresses.

More companies are going to the two step authentication so probably others will start doing this. One of my utilities now does this but only requires a cell or an email address.

Comments (7)