Friday/Weekend Trivia Quiz

Jasdip

You know you get the chili dog, LONE_JACK!!!! Enjoy!!!

Who said this famous quote "Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."?"

Steve Jobs

This weekend's question is

We all have our pet peeves when it comes to driving. This survey found that 70% found this the most annoying thing while driving. What is it?

SaveComment22Like
Comments (22)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Lucille

Back seat drivers

People driving in front of us going too slow

1 Like Save    
gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)

Not using turn signals

Following too closely/tailgating

Driving below the speed limit

Save    
Raye Smith

Lucille beat me - absolutely has to be the pokey puppies and drive too slow!

Save    
Rusty

Being behind someone who rides their brakes.

Being behind a vehicle that has a turn signal on continuously.

Drivers that don't dim their headlights for oncoming traffic at night.

Being followed by a driver that leaves the bright lights on.

Rusty

Save    
georgysmom2

People driving in the left lane that won't move over if someone behind them wants to go faster. I don't care if you are going the speed limit or not! You are not suppose to pass on the right so they should get over as soon as traffic permits! You never know if that person ia speeding because of an emergency and even so, it's not up to you to pass judgement, just get over!!!!!!!!!!

Save    
Michele

I’m chiming in on this one. Traffic. Traffic. Everywhere

Save    
nicole___

Signs say lane is going to one lane, road work. They wait till the last minute and go to the very front.

Or motorcycles that dodge in & out of traffic

Or lady walking her dog on the side of the road, then suddenly darts across the road without looking...(stupid neighbor) lol

Save    
LoneJack Zn 6a, KC

People glued to their cell phone talking or texting and not paying attention to the task at hand.

Too many 18 wheelers on the road.

1 Like Save    
lgmd_gaz

All that have been written above can be annoying, but to me it is that after all the press, laws against it, it blows my mind how many drivers are unable to put driving ahead of their &^%^&*phone!

Save    
georgysmom2

Getting stuck at every traffic light.

Save    
blfenton

driving under the speed limit.

I will be patient for those who have out of province plates or those who have an N or L on the back of their car (we have graduated driving licensing and those indicate new and so usually young drivers) but beyond that...no

Save    
Lindsey_CA

Having vehicles in front of them on the road, and having to obey speed limits.

(Preference would be to drive as fast as they want, without having to worry about other vehicles on the road.)

Save    
chloebud

YES to LoneJack's cell phone comment!!!

Also, illegal handicap parking...or what often appears to be illegal. The car has the placard for the handicap spot, but the driver's able to walk all over Costco. Hmmm...makes me think the handicapped person stayed at home.

Save    
mollycats

LED headlights.

Save    
dees_1

Stop signs......specifically four way intersections. I swear those are the hardest things for people to understand.

Save    
Lindsey_CA

"Also, illegal handicap parking...or what often appears to be illegal. The car has the placard for the handicap spot, but the driver's able to walk all over Costco. Hmmm...makes me think the handicapped person stayed at home."

As someone who has a handicap placard, I hate seeing ignorant comments like this one.

Yes, I can walk. Not quickly. Not ever without pain. Not without holding onto something (e.g., my husband, if he's with me, or a shopping cart even when Hubs is with me but we're at a grocery store or Costco). And some days are better than others. Some days, when first getting to a store, I can walk "ok." But as time goes on and I take more steps, walking becomes more difficult and more painful, and it's more obvious that I have a problem.

If you truly think someone is abusing a handicap placard, ask to see their ID and paper from the DMV. It comes with the placard, and has the person's name on it. I keep mine in my wallet, and my wallet is always with me.

Or use the camera function of your cell phone and take a photo of the person, the car license plate, and the placard (each placard has a unique number on it - just like a license plate does, or a driver license). Fill out a complaint form and send it along with the photos to the DMV.

And pray that you never qualify for a handicap placard.

5 Likes Save    
ont_gal

ditto what Lindsey said......

Save    
ghostlyvision

Horn honkers

Save    
yeonassky

Other drivers on the road?

Save    
chloebud

Lindsey, my apologies. I was referring to those who are abusing the law; hence my comment regarding the actual handicapped person not being in the car. It doesn't seem right that unimpaired people park in those spaces. I don't consider it ignorant to be annoyed with that.
Fortunately, law enforcement here has started cracking down on it. I'll leave it to them.

Save    
Lindsey_CA

Chloebud, the point is, you cannot always tell if a person has a handicap just by looking at them. You don't know if your assumption that "the actual handicapped person not being in the car" is correct or not. You can't see a heart condition, or a lung condition by looking at the person. You can't see arthritis in someone's hips, knees, or ankles. You can't see if the person has a visual impairment. Those things can all qualify someone for a placard.

2 Likes Save    
chloebud

Lindsey, your point is well taken. I am certainly on your side, and anyone else who legitimately needs a placard. Maybe I'm a bit biased since we've known several situations where a family member or friend of a disabled person continuously used the placard/license plate to park in handicap parking spaces without the handicapped person present. In one of those situations the handicapped person was deceased, yet his wife continued to use the placard for months. How is that even possible? It makes me wonder how many other violators are out there, but I'll work on that.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Most Popular 8 Lessons on Renovating a House from Someone Who's Living It
So you think DIY remodeling is going to be fun? Here is one homeowner's list of what you may be getting yourself into
Full Story
Art November’s Hottest Home Design Events
See what’s on the Houzz list of things to see and do this month
Full Story