SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
diana_dragomir5

Window treatments for these awkward tall ceiling windows

Diana Dragomir
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

As we are slowly furnishing our new home, I am realizing that many of the aspects I love about the house also pose some serious design challenges.

For example, we are trying to figure out what to do with the windows (see attached photos). The two bottom windows only have a wooden windowsill. There is no frame around the other three sides nor around the upper windows. I thought about blinds, but the set of three windows we would almost never cover, so the blind would always stay rolled up, not really contributing to enhancing the currently plain look of the windows. Ceiling height curtains would work, but I think they need to be about twice as wide as the width of the windows in order to avoid looking like a tall and skinny strip of fabric. But the set of two windows on the side prevent me from having wide curtains, because the staircase slats begin just a few inches from the right side of those two windows.

I'm at a loss for how to dress these living room windows.

Also, what color for the curtains/blinds? I am thinking either a patterned white, or a light brown/beige.

The afternoon sun is making the walls look like they are a warmer color, but they are white (and will get a fresh coat of paint, also in white, soon).

Comments (6)