Has anyone worn shoes by Vionic?

Lindsey_CA

I have really, really flat feet, and have previously been diagnosed with plantar fasciitis. I'm amazed that when I was in my teens I could wear "flip flops" a/k/a "zorries" that have absolutely no arch support. Of course, I suppose it's possible that wearing them contributed to my foot problems.

At any rate, for some unknown reason my browser presented me with an ad for Vionic shoes a week or so ago. From what I've seen/read, the brand was started by a podiatrist, and I'm intrigued and eager to buy a pair of Vionic shoes. But, before I do, I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with them. If so, please tell me the good, the bad, and the ugly.

From the Vionic website, in the "About the Company" section (copied/pasted):

"Vionic's mission began with the work of renowned podiatrist Phillip Vasyli. A pioneer and innovator in the field of lower-limb biomechanics, Vasyli treated thousands of patients, ranging from young children to amateur and professional athletes. Known by friends and colleagues as a "born healer," he had a genuine passion for making orthotic treatment more affordable and accessible to people in need of pain relief.

"Early in his career, Vasyli realized that the only treatment options for many common foot-related ailments, like plantar fasciitis or over-pronation, were costly and time-consuming. In response to the overwhelming demand for a solution, he invented one of the first heat-moldable orthotics, a low-cost option that allowed patients to walk out of his practice feeling better than when they'd come in. This philosophy laid the groundwork for the award-winning Orthaheel orthotic, the world's first and only true orthotic available without a doctor's prescription."

Vionic has shoes specifically for relief of plantar fasciitis, for men as well as for women.

They have shoes that are recommended by podiatrists. From the website (again, copy/paste):

"Many Vionic shoes carry the American Podiatric Medical Association's Seal of Acceptance, with each product reviewed by a group of APMA podiatrists to ensure its safety, quality and overall effectiveness." You can see the APMA-approved shoes for women as well as for men.

These are not ugly orthotic shoes. They have dress shoes, casual shoes, sneakers, sandals, boots, and slippers.

Any feedback from folks who've worn them?

SaveComment22Like
Comments (22)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
aok27502

I haven't, but my massage therapist recommended them, and said she swears by them. She is on her feet all day, and needed really good support.

I looked, but I needed more of an outdoor sandal that could get wet.

Save     Thanked by Lindsey_CA
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

Oh yes. I love their slippers a whole lot.....HERE'S what I have now. I love them and may end up getting another pair for back up. I like some of the other footwear, too. Bought THESE cuties (in pewter) a while ago for the fall and winter. Really cute with tights, leggings, and other casual wear.

grammaj_gw

I do not necessarily need the arch support but have a pair of slippers and a pair of thong sandals. They both are very comfortable.

Lindsey_CA

@aok27502 - It's nice to hear that your massage therapist recommends Vionics!

I, too, like sandals that can get wet, which is why my sandals are all made by Keen Footwear. In fact, they can be tossed in the washing machine to be cleaned (and set in the sun to dry - never in a dryer).

OluKai makes sandals that are water friendly. They have good arch support, too.

But, I'm looking for ankle boots, not sandals. The ones under consideration are:

Save    
Lindsey_CA

While I was typing my response to aok27502, Rhizo and GrammaJ responded. Thank you! I'm so happy to hear that you like your Vionics!

Now my dilemma is, do I buy them now, or do I wait and tell my Hubs to get them for me for Christmas???

Save    
desertsteph

have you looked at them on QVC? they had some on a day or so ago. you could search there for them and they usually have a video clip of the presentation. that might help you seeing them on someone and in motion.

I bought some Alegria shoes about 2 yrs back and love them. qvc sells them but I didn't get mine thru it. they do have some on amazon but none I like as much as the ones I have.

ravencajun Zone 8b TX

Yes they are very good. I have extremely flat feet. Dr. Comfort is also a good brand. Spenco is awesome I have several pairs of theirs.

OutsidePlaying

Yes, and while I like most of them, I find some are too wide for me, especially in the heel. The styles are nice too. They do seem to offer good arch support, but I can get better relief from PF with Super Feet inserts in my sneakers, hiking boots and other shoes they can fit into.

ravencajun Zone 8b TX

Love those black Jolene boots!

Lindsey_CA

DesertSteph, I hadn't even thought to look on QVC. Thanks for that tip! While I don't think I'd purchase the shoes from them (you apparently can't return for a refund, only an exchange), it is nice to be able to see the videos of live people wearing them and moving around in them.

Raven - yeah, I like those, too, but right now I'm leaning more towards the Madeline.

Save    
grammaj_gw

I would go ahead and buy them and if you like them and they are great for your feet, ask for another style for Christmas. On another note, I have always returned things to QVC for a refund. I do think you can return for another size without additional shipping fees and I have only done that once but have returned a few things for refund. Please double check me on that but I do order quite frequently from them. Good luck finding something that works great for you.

Lindsey_CA

The language (copied/pasted) from the QVC site on the page for the Vionic Madeline boots:

"If you're not satisfied with your purchase for any reason, our return policy allows you to send back returns-eligible merchandise within 30 days of the date you received the package for an exchange. Simply use the Q Return Label within 30 days of receipt to return your item for a free replacement of the same item in a different color or size. If your request for an exchange results in any additional merchandise or shipping costs, and you paid by credit card, your credit card will be charged for those additional costs. Payment methods other than a credit card may result in an order cancellation & a refund may be issued. If the requested exchange is no longer available, including items on waitlist and advance order, QVC will issue a refund and not deduct the Q Return Label fee."

To me, that sounds like the shoes could be exchanged but not refunded.

1 Like Save    
socks

shoes.com has them too, free shipping. 20 percent off right now.

littlebug zone 5 Missouri

I have had some Vionics ankle boots for a couple of years. Extremely comfortable. Extremely. (I have had plantar problems and seed corn problems on the balls of my feet too.) These boots may be good for one more winter, then I may have to find another pair. They are my favorite winter shoe.

Lindsey_CA

Littlebug, what is the name of the ankle boots you have?

Save    

Well I can’t find a style name on them. If there was one on the inside, I’ve worn it off.

Edited to say: holding it up to the light, just below the word Vionic inside, I can see a longish word that ends with “heel.” Sorry the first part of the word is gone. I’ve had these a while. Edit again: I think the word is Orthaheel. There’s more that I can’t read; I don’t think Orthaheel is the style name.

I remember when I first got them that the arch support was very evident, so much so that I wondered if they would ever be comfortable The salesperson convinced me so I bought them. The second time I wore them, I was in love.

terilyn

Taryn Rose also has some really cute and comfortable shoes. She was an orthopedic surgeon previously.

Lindsey_CA

Littlebug, I love the low heel on those boots. I had a pair of ankle boots from Easy Spirit that had low heels just like that, and I loved them! I just looked again at the "boots and booties" on the Vionic website, but they no longer have your boots. And I agree that Orthaheel is not the name of the style.

I would very much like to have a new pair of ankle boots that have a heel like yours and the ones I had by Easy Spirit, but I can't find any that I like. I like the height of the shaft of the Madeline by Vionic, but the heel is 2.5" which is what gives me pause. If I were still working and needed to "dress up" every day I'd be more inclined to get them. But the lower heel on the Serena is more appealing to me.

Save    
Lindsey_CA

Terilyn, I will check out shoes by Taryn Rose. Thanks!

1 Like Save    
Lindsey_CA

@littlebug zone 5 Missouri - I'm looking at Vionic shoes on Amazon right now, and I just saw your shoes! The style is called Adrie. They have the taupe (looks like your color) and dark brown in size 7, and black in size 6.

1 Like Save    

Well how about that! I love them and thought maybe they were no longer produced. A note: yesterday I went to have a massage inside a local beauty shop. I was wearing my boots and noticed that one of the hairdressers was wearing the same boot! She loves hers too. And, of course, she's on her feet all day.

smhinnb

I wear Vionics almost exclusively. They have changed my life. If you need aggressive arch support I highly recommend them. Their 'Tide' line of flip-flops are amazing, you can't believe how much support they've molded into what looks like a regular flip-flop. If you order direct from their website, they offer a 30 day wear test guarantee:

OUR PLEDGE OF SUPPORT

We're confident you'll love our support. In fact, we'll give you 30 days of wear-testing to make sure that you do. If you're still not convinced, we'll happily refund your purchase.*

For the greatest comfort, we suggest wearing our shoes for a few hours at a time for the first few days to allow your body to adapt to our biomechanical orthotic technology.

Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
The Polite House The Polite House: On ‘No Shoes’ Rules and Breaking Up With Contractors
Emily Post’s great-great-granddaughter gives us advice on no-shoes policies and how to graciously decline a contractor’s bid
Full Story
Mudrooms House Rule: Off With Your Shoes
By Houzz
Do you prefer your guests to go shoeless in your house? Here are some ways to encourage stockinged feet
Full Story
Bedrooms The Cure for Houzz Envy: Guest Room Touches Anyone Can Do
Make overnight guests feel comfy and cozy with small, inexpensive niceties
Full Story
Nalini Tandon, Decorating Den specializes in making decorating fun and easy by bringing her design expertise and... Read More
Nova Installations Inc. Chantilly, VA specializes in exterior home improvements, such as replacement windows and... Read More