SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
no_green_thumb

Plantar Fasciitis - Shoe and Exercise Suggestions

no_green_thumb
8 years ago

I had my first bout with PF about 20 years ago. I found that wearing Birkenstock shoes greatly helped - and have been wearing them in the summer and around the house for 20 years. When I go out, I wore whatever and seemed to be fine. It has recently come back with a vengeance. The last four months have been awful. I have been doing exercise, icing, bought shoe inserts specifically for PF and it does not seem to be getting better.
I have not been to a doctor, but have read of people who have had custom inserts made which did/did not help.
I have read and read about different shoes - Abeo, Dansko, Naot, Vionic, etc. Reviews are always mixed, which I would expect.
I have found a shoe with a wedge that I can wear going out for dinner, etc.as long as I am not standing for long.

What I am looking for --- a shoe I can wear with jeans to go shopping and a good walking/tennis shoe for working out.
Also, if there is something someone has done which has greatly helped, I would appreciate the info.
As I said, I have spent hours reading the internet. There are so many opinions out there. I thought I would come here and see if there are people who have this problem and have done something that has helped alleviate the problem.
I went Black Friday shopping today wear Clark's - did not last very long and had to leave.

Thank you for your help.

Comments (40)