SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathleen_smith6227819

Japan Trip, day 11

Kathsgrdn
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Most of this day was spent at or near Narita airport. Saying goodbye to my daughter's girlfriend who was flying home after a week and a half with us. We left the hotel as late as we could, got to Narita and hung out, walked around looking at the shops and getting drinks and snacks. We were to meet my cousin who insisted on coming to the airport to say goodbye to Rachelle, and then take us to our new hotel in Mito. He brought his brother, youngest daughter, and his brother's son with him. I guess it is a Japanese thing to wait for the airplane of the person you dropped off to take off because we then spent another 3 hours at this park overlooking the Narita airport runway, waiting for her plane to take off. My cousin is very much into photography and planes of all sorts. There is a park and building with all kinds of airplane/airline related things you can buy. I've never seen anything like this. Does anyone know if any place like this exists anywhere else in the world? Rachelle's plane was over an hour late taking off. Many ANA flights and we thought one was her's but my cousin had an app for the airplane's flights on his ipad thing. We found out it wasn't her plane and then he pointed out that her's hadn't even left the gate. We watched many planes take off and land.

Comments (4)