SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_987980145

Want to build a custom DIY pull out mirror that swivels

HU-987980145
4 years ago

Hi! Thanks for your insight in advance!

I've seen some pull out mirrors available in custom closet builds, but I have about a 5" space in my closet I'd like to mount an Ikea mirror on the wall on tracks to pull out with the ability to swivel. I'm not experienced in these kinds of things, but am confident I can figure this one out and install it with a little help and direction towards parts. I've research sliding doors and those tracks with the wheels that slide above the track wouldn't work so well in my opinion. I'm imagining tracks that look more like drawers tracks but much bigger.

Mirror I have: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/nissedal-mirror-white-10320317/

My conceptual thoughts: In a perfect world, I think track mounts that were U-shaped that could clamp the top and the bottom of the mirror in the center and swivel would be the simplest. Essentially like a football goal post. A soft stop system in the track would be ideal, and if I could set the distance the track would expand so that the mirror was fully out of the wall opening so that it could swivel, that'd be great.

My question(s): Are these kinds of parts available to non professional builders, or am I looking at finding a custom door company?

Thanks again!

Steve

Comment