SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caseybauer

Wall-mounted tub filler, deck-mounted hand shower

caseyb
4 years ago

I have searched, so I know many other people have struggled to find a set up for this arrangement. I spoke with our plumber who recommended that the most straightforward solution is to find a standard tub/shower arrangement with a diverter tub filler (the knob is on the filler to divert water to the shower), and then swap out the shower head for a hand shower. What I've read also seems to support this direction, as it seems that valve/diverter combos (diverter at the handle trim, rather than the tub filler) will limit the GPM fill rate of the tub filler.

Now this all sounds reasonable, but the tub deck extends 4" from the wall, so the standard tub fillers are all a bit short. I have been searching the internet now to find a long-enough tub spout with built in diverter that I could swap in to make it work, but I'm having a tough time. I'm starting to wonder if there is such a thing as a longer tub filler with diverter, or if I should deal with the reduced GPM fill rate and get a separate diverter handle.

So, has anyone reading this actually solved this problem? Or know of a nice chrome, contemporary (round, preferably) tub filler with diverter that is 7" or more? (For reference, I am trying to use Delta Trinsic or Contemporary styles everywhere.)

Thanks!!!!

Casey

Comment (1)