SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_314459899

Kitchen Table and Island Lighting Advice/Help!

Erin W
4 years ago

Hi!

I’m in the building phase on our home now. Going for an open, clean, airy, and rather beachy feel as we overlook a lake and the outside of our home fits our neighborhood which is very West Indies style villa types.

That being said, I need help choosing some lighting. My kitchen is white shaker style perimeter with Mont Blanc quartzite. All chrome plumbing hardware, white farm sink. The island is 6X8 with the sink in the middle of the 8, and painted a light blue. For that size island would you 2 or 3 hanging pendants? Or does it truly depend on size of the pendant?

Also torn between chandelier type or linear style lighting over my table. The house is one open floor plan- so you see the fireplace which has white shiplap. Table faces living room which has 3 floor to ceiling big open windows overlooking the lake. I’ve been told that if you have a brown wooden table, to steer clear of any type of wooden lighting fixture. True?

Here is my dining table. It is a little darker in the photo, but is the reclaimed wash wood look. Guess I’m wondering what style lighting and what color being its open to the kitchen with chrome and the table is dark.

Thanks in advance for all of your thoughts and help!

Comments (2)