I use Firefox on my visa machine

big_al_41

Is there an add on for Firefox that will allow me to update and store my book marks in the cloud so I can downloaded when ever I want ??? And maybe even sync it to my other computer. Thanks

SaveComment2Like
Comments (2)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
azinoh

If you create a Firefox account, I believe you can sync your bookmarks as needed to all your devices. As for update/store in the cloud...I'm just not gonna go there.

Save    
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Richard (Vero Beach, Florida)

I tried the built-in Firefox Sync a long time ago but decided it wasn't for me. I don't remember why.

On my home network I sync Firefox profile directories.

I use a utility called rsync but it's not for everyone.

Likely the easiest way is to use Firefox Sync but if you're comfortable with learning file locations, you can copy and paste either the entire Firefox profile or just the files you're interested in. For example, Firefox bookmarks are stored in a file called "places.sqlite". If you copy that file from one of your computers and paste it into another computer, you'll have your bookmarks from the first (master?) computer on the second (slave?) computer.

Likewise, to copy the passwords remembered by Firefox, you just need to copy two files from the master computer/profile to the slave computer/profile.

"key4.db" and "logins.json".

Personally, I find it easier to copy the entire profile..

To locate your Firefox profile: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profiles-where-firefox-stores-user-data#w_how-do-i-find-my-profile

A few of the important individual files: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/recovering-important-data-from-an-old-profile#w_your-important-data-and-their-files

Possibly an added benefit of knowing where your Firefox profile is located is that you can make a "just in case" copy of it.

I'm on Linux but on Vista I'm sure you can probably right-click the directory and select something like "Add to zip folder" or something like that?

If your profile later gets corrupted you'll have a backup. Just unzip the backup and replace the corrupt profile.

1 Like Save     Thanked by big_al_41
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Budgeting Your Project Kitchen Remodel Costs: 3 Budgets, 3 Kitchens
What you can expect from a kitchen remodel with a budget from $20,000 to $100,000
Full Story
Life Why a Designer Kept Her Kitchen Walls
Closed kitchens help hide messes (and smells) and create a zone for ‘me time.’ Do you like your kitchen open or closed?
Full Story
Most Popular Kitchen Cabinet Color: Should You Paint or Stain?
Learn about durability, looks, cost and more for wooden cabinet finishes to make the right choice for your kitchen
Full Story