Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian Friends

cynic

Hope you're enjoying fine food, friends, peace, joy and pleasure.

SaveComment15Like1
Comments (15)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Marilyn_Sue

Yes, Happy Thanksgiving.

Sue

Save    
janey_alabama

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Save    
ont_gal

Thank you!!

Save    
Jasdip

Hi Cynic!!! It's so nice to SEE you!!!!!

I had a lovely time with my brother and family yesterday. Today it's doing odds and ends around here, and voting. The advanced polls are open this weekend for our federal election next week.

I'm making something new for me for dinner...... chicken and dumplings. Wish me luck, thanks to all the help here at the KT and Cooking forum :-D

1 Like Save    
blfenton

Thank-you everyone. We did Thanksgiving dinner last nighith turkey and all the trimmings and lots of family fun.

I'm thankful that I no longer have to do Thanksgiving dinner and that my nieces are old enough and have big enough houses to do the family dinners now. They are such gracious and thoughtful hostesses.

I still cook the turkey and then drive it over after it's out of the oven but they both live really close to me.

Save    
Summer

Thank you, everyone. It is a beautful sunny but cold day today. I am busy cooking up a storm.

Save    
daisychain01

Thank you! Our province is still under a state of emergency after a massive snowstorm. It made for an odd thanksgiving, but part of me was happy to cuddle up with my family alone rather than running around trying to prepare dinner and get the house clean for company.

Save    
stacey_mb

Thank you for the Thanksgiving wishes. We are under the state of emergency that Daisychain mentioned. We lost electrical power to our house for more than two days and when it was uncertain when power would be restored, we went to a hotel. Our power is back now, thankfully, but many others are still out of their homes because repair crews haven’t been able to get to all areas yet.

We had been invited to our niece’s for Thanksgiving which worked out well for us. She hadn’t lost power and yesterday at her house we had a delicious meal and a wonderful visit.

1 Like Save    
Fun2BHere

1 Like Save    
joyfulguy

Thank you for your good wishes, folks.

Our thoughts are with the folks of southern Manitoba, where a major storm, including snow and high winds, so serious and widespread that the premier has called a state of emergency, necessitating calling in skilled help from neighbouring provinces and Minnesota to help clear snow and downed trees and power lines: tens of thousands without power, they report.

People were advised to avoid travel.

-----------------

I'm extra thankful, for I was having trouble with words reduplicating, was dragged back to the head of the thread 3 or 4 times, then to Google offering several links twice, couldn't get back, started the story again, then to be told that I was going incognito.

I decided that I must write one sentence, then post and come back to edit.

Then I hit the button to show all that I had open, found the latest edition of my story, opened it, came back ... hit "Submit" ... and here I am ...

... editing!

ole joyful

Save    
joyfulguy

Still 20,000 without power as of 7 p.m. Mon., prob. several days before all reconnected.

o j

Save    
cherryfizz

Thank you. We just finished cleaning up the kitchen from dinner. I made a 7 kg fresh young turkey, stuffing outside the bird, sweet potatoes with maple syrup, mashed potatoes, cranberries, mashed turnip and orange glazed carrots. I have way too much turkey left over so called my sister in law and asked her if she wanted to come over and get some turkey since they went out for dinner and wouldn't have turkey left overs to make sandwiches which is the best part. We were all too full so didn't have dessert and I didn't make anything because I still have birthday cake left that needs to be eaten. I hope for those in Manitoba without power and damage from the storm things get back to normal sooner rather than later.

1 Like Save    
bpath Oh Sophie

We live in the US but DH is from Ontario, so we usually go up for the holiday. It’s our best chance to see all his siblings! For the second time we went to a restaurant for the feast, and it’s nice because we all get a chance to talk and no one has to cook or clean. Afterwards most of us repaired to MIL’s for the evening and just chatted over beverages. Really fun. And next month, we get to do it again here! Yay, I could have stuffing every day if I ran the world lol

Save    
cynic

Thanks Jasdip, hope things are going well with you.

Save    
DawnInCal

I'm late wishing all of our Canadian friends a Happy Thanksgiving; I hope all of you had a lovely day.

Cynic, it is good to see you. I hope you will be around more often.

Jasdip, please let us know how your chicken and dumplings turned out.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Tiny Houses Houzz Tour: A Tiny, Happy, Eco-Friendly Home
Think your house is small? Try finding all the space you need in 120 square feet
Full Story
Halloween It's Black and White and Fall All Over in a Holiday-Happy Home
Get inspired for budget-friendly fall decorating by a resourceful stylist's thrifty but sophisticated adornments
Full Story
My Houzz My Houzz: Canadian Cottage in the Netherlands
Visit a thoughtfully-designed Arts and Crafts home with Canadian craftsmanship and nautical touches
Full Story