SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
m_t666666

I want a new, preppy and pretty look for this room! Help please.

4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I am planning to redo this room this year. A lot of our pieces of furniture were selected with little children in mind and now that my kids are getting older we want to do something a little nicer. I like a very classic/slightly preppy look. I would like the room to look very pull together and probably some more patterns in the design. A total refresh, possibly even new wood floors. These are only a few years old but if we redo the kitchen as well it may make sense for us to go with a different look, possibly lighter but we are also open to keeping the floors which we do like. They got a little bit of a beating with the dogs and kids.

The fireplace and mantle could be totally redone, even possibly adding build ins on the two walls next to them. I like keeping with a classic style of the house with the white wainscotting. The big white sliding doors, I would absolutely love to replace with black paned glass french doors.

We can get rid of all the furniture and photos by repurposing to our family room if necessary. It would be an upgrade for the family room if we felt we wanted to invest in all new stuff.

So my big questions are:

1. What kind of fireplace/mantle would you put here? What about built ins?

2. What color walls? What accent color for the navy? (was thinking maybe yellow or kelly green)

3. Any ideas you think would look great in this room?

more photos below!!

Comments (40)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21