SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bella4676

Kitchen Table and Chairs Dilemma

bella4676
4 years ago

Hi everyone- I am struggling with deciding what to do with this space - please help me! I originally had this area in between my family room and kitchen open, however for extra seating for a party we brought down a small round table and chairs we had from our last home, and decided we loved having a kitchen table in this space! This table / chairs doesn’t match with my decor in this area (I do not like the pattern / print and also I don’t want to do black wood), so I would like to replace them with a set that suits this space better. This is where I am hoping for your opinions!

What would you recommend for a table and chairs in this space? I have mostly all restoration hardware furniture in this area all in a dark brown finish - my dining room has the rectangular monastery table in brown acacia with a sideboard and chairs in brown oak drifted. My large hutch in the family room is also from RH in brown oak drifted. My kitchen cabinets are ivory and my kitchen island is a mahogany cherry finish. I am concerned because I don’t want everything to look too “matchy matchy” if I go with a RH dark brown table and chairs here, too, but I feel like that is what will go best?! I was initially considering their round salvaged wood trestle table or the round monastery table. No idea on chairs. I have the space for up to a 48” round table with 4 chairs.

What would you suggest? Thanks so much!!

Comments (5)