SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_571241249

Seller cut down 40 plus year old producing apple trees

Amanda Winter
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

So we are 9 days before closing. My husband and I did a drive by the house this week. We wanted to see if there was any kind of antennas on top of the roof. While driving by we noticed the two 40 plus year old apple trees have been cut down in the last week. My husband grew up in this house from 1989 to 2009 that's how we know there 40 plus years old. So we get ahold of our realtor that morning absolutely livid. He contacts the seller realtor twice that day both times the sellers realtor came back and said my sellers did not cut them down. A few hours goes by I go to do drive by the house again just by chance to see if anybody's out there finishing cutting them. Low and behold there's a man out there with a truck and trailer cutting the rest of the wood up and hauling the wood away. Mind you at this point the seller has told my realtor twice that it was not them that had them cut down. So here I am thinking that this is just some stranger illegally cutting these gorgeous apple trees on a property that I take ownership of in 9 days. I confronted the man he said the caretaker of the land was given permission to give him permission to cut them down by the owners. After that I get back in my vehicle and my realtor calls me stating that the owners just sent them a message finally admitting that they had the trees cut down because they were infested with ants and disease and thought that us the buyers would have an issue with them. There's a 50 foot plus completely dead tree that wasn't even touched or talked about. We live in a very small community last night I'm driving back to my house and I see the same truck with the wood on a trailer at a gouse in town with two huge smokers next to my cut down trees. Can the sellers do this what is the repercussions I don't even know where to begin or who I should contact. Please help any advice would be great!!

Comment