Japan Day #4

Kathsgrdn

Day #4 was spent in Tokyo on our own. We went to Shibuya and saw Hachiko's statue. The famous dog who waited for his master at the train station, long after the master had died. Crossed the famous mass crossing in Shibuya, had a sad pedicure and ate at Hooters because we all were craving chicken wings.

The pedicure was disappointing. It was raining and my feet were hurting, thought going inside and pampering ourselves would be nice, nice warm foot soak. Nope. All they did was scrape off the old polish, file the toenails and then apply the new polish. They did give us some tea to drink while we sat there. The little salons here in my little town, soak your feet, scrub the rough spots, massage your legs, apply softening lotion to your feet and legs before cleaning up your nails and finally applying polish. While they work on your feet they apply a hot towel to your legs. And it's about $20 cheaper than in Shibuya. It was on a very touristy street, though. It would've been worth it if only they let your feet soak in warm water.

At Hooters we met a group of middle aged guys from New Zealand so they invited the girls to have pictures taken with the Hooter girls as we all were leaving.

SaveComment5Like3
Comments (5)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Kathsgrdn

Hatchiko. Long line to get your picture with him so I just went off to the side and tried to only get him, didn't quite do it.

8 Likes Save    
Kathsgrdn

Rachelle and Lauren in front of the crossing.

6 Likes Save    
Kathsgrdn

6 Likes Save    
Kathsgrdn

Later we ate cold noodles. I don't even remember where.

6 Likes Save    
glenda_al

Very pretty chop sticks!

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Apartment Life Room of the Day: 1 Room With 4 Functions in a Texas Apartment
A 450-square-foot room serves as living room, library and 2 bedrooms
Full Story
Room of the Day Room of the Day: Shared Bathroom for a Busy Family of 4
A lovely custom design prioritizes storage, usability and sustainability
Full Story
Apartment Life Mission Possible: A Designer Decorates a Blank Apartment in 4 Days
Four days and $10,000 take an apartment from bare to all-there. Get the designer's daily play-by-play
Full Story