SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_157070356

Dad and Son Play in My Yard?!

KLynn S
4 years ago

I have an awkward situation. We’ve been in our house less than a year and have no kids. We moved to a family friendly neighborhood with wide open backyards. My neighbor has a beautiful green yard and ours still needs some work. The guy plays baseball/football with his son right on the property line - in our yellow grass! I can see them from my living room couch. Our theory is that he doesn’t want to tear up his yard - so he’s in ours. Sometimes they even hit our house!

We got a quote for a fence, but can’t afford it right now. We can’t even afford the quotes we received on privacy landscaping right now either, so the yard will remain open for another year or two.

I can’t believe I am even having this issue. We want to go out and say something when they’re doing it, but we’re afraid it will come across as rude or passive aggressive. It’s so disrespectful. I would never play in a neighbors yard! Any advice on how to address the issue without seeming like a jerk? Maybe some low cost landscaping options.

Comments (13)