SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sky1122

The cabinet design on peninsula

sky1122
4 years ago

Too bad, just lost all my typing.

When comes to kitchen design, there are so many options and factors we need to consider. I got so much help from houzz. Thank you very much to all of you commented in my previous threads.

I am almost there. Just one more decision I need to make.

On my peninsula, I came up with two different designs which are in the flowing picture.

I decided on the left one first because I want to utilize the corner and save some space using one big drawer instead of two considering it takes up 5" having drawer cabinets. It is 37" usable space inside the drawer of a 42" faced cabinet. But I have two concerns. The opening for 33" lazy susan is quit small. I am not sure what I am going to put in it, maybe some dry foods. Will the 42" drawer get too heavy when fully loaded making it hard to pull out? Also anyone working in front of it has to move if someone else try to reach it.

Then I came up with the right design. But in this design, there are some drawbacks too. Using two 24" drawers gives me 1 inch more space compared to one 42" cabinet. But in some people's view, two small drawers are not as spacious as one big drawer. Also I do not know what to put into the 27" cabinet facing the other way. Even though we have a dining table right to the peninsula, I don't use a lot of table liner. And we don't have a pet. That cabinet is basically not in the kitchen, so it is not that convenient to use.

Regarding the cost, these two plans are about the same.

What do you guys think?

Comments (19)