SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ksal2010

Warning about GE Cafe Refrigerator deceptive advertising

ksal2010
4 years ago

I recently did a great deal of research before buying a refrigerator. My husband and I used to have a counter-depth whirlpool. A week ago we got a counter depth GE Cafe refrigerator to match our range. As much as I like the look of this refrigerator In the advertised photos, It is NOT EVEN CLOSE to being a true counter depth refrigerator and should never be advertised as one. Our old refrigerator was definitely counter depth and had a nice seamless look in our kitchen. Interestingly I went back to look at online advertising photos of the GE and it appears to me that some very careful picture taking was done to hide how much these refrigerators stick out. Also in one photo that shows a counter edge next to it, if you look closely you will notice that the door would likely never open with the refrigerator pushed in as far as it is. This refrigerator is a huge disappointment and looks clunky and awful in our kitchen. It drives me crazy and they aren’t cheap refrigerators. I hope this post helps someone else who is considering buying one. Here is a photo of how much this refrigerator has to stick out to be able to get the doors open as well as the advertising photos which make it look truly counterdepth.

Comments (39)