SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
two25acres

So now I am going think about short mini vacations with your help.

two25acres
4 years ago

We are in Southeast Wisconsin, right along the Illinois border. We can't take a 10 day vacations as neither of us are paid vacation time. We don't fly either, it's just not an option. We do like to go visit small towns, indulge in history and sightsee. We are going to attempt 2-3 4-5 day trips before the years end. We may even try something for Christmas this year. Already on the list is Shipshewanna IN as we get our winter meat there and this year I'd like to pick up a windchime. A very large deep toned windchime that I've had my ears on for some time. We like to drive so we're thinking 8-10 each way is doable with stops at interesting places along the way. We would like to go on a scenic train ride and possibly rent ATV's for some trail rides. Don't suggest Chicago, hubby is from there and dreads going to the city. He has a 3 day charter there this coming weekend and he almost turned it down. I am thinking West Virginia, anybody ever been there? They have 2 different scenic train rides there and mountains. I didn't know that. We would like to do Ashville and go to Biltmore but I think that's a bit further than I'd like to go unless we are able to get more time. That is definitely something I would prefer once it is decorated for the holidays. We may look at Door County but I think that could be a weekend, not necessarily a mini vacation.

I look forward to your suggestions if your inclined. Thank you

Comments (38)