SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
heather_leigh

Design Help for Furniture layout

Heather Leigh
4 years ago

Hi All,

I live in a 50s home and the main living area was recently opened, but it has some odd angles and layout. I am having a hard time figuring out how to arrange the living room furniture- for one, my current sofa is far to long and deep, but for 2- not sure how to layout the furniture and still be able to comfortable watch TV. I had the sofa with the back facing the front door for quite awhile. I liked this arrangement for watching TV, but it did take away from the big (109") wide living room window that does have a bit of a mountain view and everyone states that having your back to the door is awful... (it didn't bother me too much). I tried facing the sofa to the window, but it was weird for the open area behind the sofa, because it is sort of a hallway. Made me think I should make some sort of pony wall shelving thing if I am going to do that. I don't really love the sofa against the window either as it stares at a hall that goes into a backroom. There is one solid wall where the sofa could go, but then what about the TV. Right now I angled the sofa on the inside of the room and 2 chairs in front of the window. This might be okay with a smaller couch. I also have smaller more mid-century furniture- small glass spindle living room table from West Elm and 2

more mid century inspired wood framed chairs with cushions. This is a layout that is about true to size. the black images represent cabinet and pantry.

Comment (1)