SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
local_eater

New house update- will need shopping help.

localeater
4 years ago

We are in the new house. I love it. I love the fact that it is so much smaller, we downsized from 3700 sq ft to 2050 sq ft. We live mostly on the first floor, upstairs are bedrooms for our two teen sons that are not home much, a second full bath, and my office nook and treadmill space.

A bonus that I didnt expect is that with the smaller lot size and smaller yard, the trees are much closer outside my windows. In my old house I saw expanses of grass, and then meadow. Here I see trees and I feel closer to the forest.

There is still much happening, the yard and driveway are a mess, I am missing some cabinets and cabinet pieces, I have boxes that still need unpacking but I am happy.

Here is a sneak peek picture of the kitchen. If you recall I went with dark green cabinets(SW Forestwood), white granite, and a fun backsplash. BTW I love cooking on induction so much more than gas.

And here is our great room space, all the rugs are still rolled up in the barn. I think I will get some fun new ones though since the colors will be different. Anyone up for some shopping? In addition to rugs, we are replacing the sofa and chairs and we need to discuss window treatments.

Going to look at fabrics for sofa and chairs today! I was thinking of the floral for 2 chairs.

Comments (28)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio