SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amylou321

An interesting (irritating) encounter

amylou321
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

A few days ago, I was shopping at my local WalMart neighborhood market. I was out of a few breakfast necessities and I needed a few things for dinner that night. I got bacon, sausages, egg, cheese, chicken,among other things. I got what I needed and proceeded to the self checkout lanes to purchase my items and go on with life.
So, there I was, minding my own business, ringing up my purchases, when a gaunt, sickly looking creature stalks over to me and stares. I don't give her any attention, weirdos are everywhere after all. Then, she speaks:

Her: Bacon, chicken,sausage,cheese AND EGGS?!?!? You know that stuff will kill you right?
Me: (looks up slowly) Yes. Yes I do. What's going to kill you?
Her: (looks surprised) Well not that!
Me: Ah....well, at least I know. I don't like surprises. (Maintains eye contact while scanning my bacon)
Her: How can you live with yourself?
Me: I have no choice but to live with myself dear....
Her: Eating Gods creatures is evil and cruel!
Me: Well, then I am evil and cruel. Bye now.
Her: You dont get it. You wouldn't like being eaten by an animal.
Me: No. No I wouldn't.
Her: (turning an interesting shade of gray/purple) Milk is for baby cows. To make them big and fat. That's what that cheese has done to you.(smiles smugly, as if I should be offended at such a statement)
Me: Yup. Scuse me. (Walks past to leave,animal products in tow)

At this point I notice the customers at the lane opposite me and the walmart attendant are torn between shock(probably at the fat comment) and the urge to laugh.

I get to my car, she comes up behind me again. I am truly shocked at her persistence at this point. And losing patience. I hate a nag.

Her:Maam I am just trying to help you!
Me: Thank you. Bye.
Her: You really shouldn't be feeding that to your children. It will shorten their lives!
Me: (at this point my amusement allowance has run out) Listen to me carefully. Now I am going to help you. No one in the history of creation has changed their eating habits because they were accosted by a fruit fly in the grocery store checkout okay??? You're not helping your cause ,in fact your behavior is detrimental to it and frankly you are putting yourself in actual danger by behaving this way. You are the stereotypical crazy vegan *itch that nobody wants to be around because you are judgmental and better than everyone else. Now, have a nice day.
Her: I cant have a nice day when I am surrounded by barbarians everywhere.
Me: ooga booga *itch. Go home then.

She yelled something at me while I was driving away. I couldn't make it out and frankly don't care what it was.
Ugh. The trouble is,there are countless vegetarians and vegans that just simply live and eat like they want, and let others do the same. Its weirdos like this that make them the subject of jokes and scorn.
WHY CAN'T PEOPLE MIND THEIR OWN BUSINESS!? GAH!

Comments (75)