SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
privateco

Gutter and trim color for orange brick 50’s ranch

Private Co
4 years ago

Ideally I would paint the ugly brick but that isn’t an option now. I want to downplay the orange color. The roof is being replaced with ”Weathered Wood” by Pabco (laminated premier shingles) and the gutters will be replaced at the same time since they have to come down to repair something to do with the roof replacement. The porch will be stained a walnut brown to get the red tones out. The windows are vinyl and have to stay white. Planning to paint the trim around the garage and above the windows (and the basement window trim) close the the mortar color. The gutters will be replaced but the (ugly) maroon trim won’t be changed immediately. I’m thinking of matching the gutters to the roof and eventually will paint the trim at the roofline either dark gray or off white to match the mortar. Front door will someday be replaced with a frosted glass door. Should the storm door stay white? The front door is not staying white but not sure what color. Also not crazy about the white garage door. Thinking of trying to use a gel stain to match the front porch (which will be stained darker brown no red undertone). Also should the under side of the porch roof be the same color as the porch, which it is now, or painted/stained a lighter color to show off the height of the porch?

Comment

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living