SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_331929362

Orange/Tan brick wall fireplace update

CaptainHoek
4 years ago

Hey all, I just purchased this home and would like to do something right away with this wall of brick lol. The room it’s in is pretty dark, so considering adding another window but that might be down the road. Also plan on pulling the carpet and putting a nice light wood like vinyl or laminate. right now the budget is pretty low ;)

As for the brick - my wife and I were considering a mortar wash, and would like to maintain the brick color as much as possible. That being said...we were toying with the idea of changing the brick color to be more in the red range with different shades scattered throughout. Paint or stain best for that if it’s even necessary? Also the hearth and semi circle in front of fireplace are made up of large stone, not brick. Not sure what to do there at all hahah

We plan on pulling the shelving around it because it looks kind of tacky. There’s a nice solid beam directly above the pit that we’ll probably keep. Possibly mounting TV above fireplace, so let me know if you have any ideas! Have some fun picturing it, I’d love to hear your styles and thoughts! Thanks!

Comments (2)