SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jamesmarcs

Need help picking bathroom tile!

jamesmarcs
4 years ago

Hello. I am trying to decide on a bathroom tile. My bathroom is L shaped. The entry is 2 ft then it opens to the right which 7.5ft (left to right) x 3ft (wall to vanity/toliet). I love the marble mosaic hexagon look but would prefer an icy cool tile with blueish under tones vs the warmer yellow tints I keep coming across in the stores. I've also looked at a 10" plain grey porcelain hexagon tile.

In the pic:

A-10" plain grey porcelain hexagon tile made in Spain.

B-2" honed marble made in china

C-2" polished marble. Quarried in Italy. Produced in China.

D-2" honed marble. Made in China. Also comes in 3" which showed more grey variation. I couldn't bring home a sample.

B & C are both from Floor and decor and by the same company so I'm not sure why one says quarried in Italy but the other doesn't.

D-Looks mostly white vs a lot of white/grey/blue/yellow variation like B&C

I've included a picture of my vanity which is white with a carrara marble top the box says made in China.

What do you think? Is the marble too light for all the white fixtures. I prefer polished but should I go with a honed stone like B which seems a bit more uniformed? Is the made in china part ok? I heard this can be an issue. How do I make sure it is good quality? Is there anything I can do to prevent the yellow tones from being too dominant? 2" or 3" or something bigger?

Comments (6)