SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joyfulguy

Achieving "Delete" using improvised eraser

joyfulguy
4 years ago

For some time I've needed to take 10 pills a day, of 6 kinds, one requiring a few hours separation, needing to take orange juice with the iron ones, etc. I set up a lined notebook to use one line per day, with a column for each pill. I found the preplanning each night for tomorrow's sequencing a bit difficult, so began using a lined sheet, with each hour given a line, and making a column daily for which pill taken at which hour, day by day, and ruling a new column each night where I'd record each pill as taken tomorrow and use the space to the right to write in very light pencil when to take each pill. The time that I took each pill today helps tomorrow's planning. In the light of age-related decrease in memory (and mental?) capability, there was frequent need for amendments to the plan ... with a need for an eraser to avoid confusion ... but sometimes there wasn't one to be found.

I had an old-fashioned stick clothespin made with a sawcut a bit over half way up where, though the part of the stick on one side of the cut had been broken (and, fortunately, the pin not thrown out) and I found that I could take one of the short, thick rubber bands that hold heads of broccoli together and stretch it over the head of the clothespin and down over the broken shoulder. It quickly blackens as one rubs, but wiggling the head part allows extended coverage, and as that portion gets all black, I just slide it around a bit to have a coloured part to cover the head of the pin again ... and get a fresh start.

I'd found that I'd got badly behind when managing the system in my head, e.g. about two weeks with the three times daily glucosamine sulphate which helps preserve the cartilage between the ends of my bones ... but my phone is good at notifying me (if I've been diligent about keeping it nearby, throughout the day) and I've succeeded in getting up to date with my meds.

Applause, please.

Got about half of this done earlier today ... something happened ... screen change ... hit "backspace" ... different screen.

Gone.

Gg-gg-rr-r-r-r!!

But was able to recover it.

The above was done a couple of days ago, tried to find "The kitchen table" in my topics preference list ... the others were there, but no "The kitchen table".

I was able to find "Kitchens" and posted it there.

Today I'm at the library, maneuvering is easier, I found the article, copied it and tried to find "The kitchen table". The searching took me to Google ... and here it is.

I was able to go back and copy the title, so it printed here as it was there, I didn't have the reduplicating trouble that I've had frequently, including here at the library, when making a title while composing a thread.

ole joyfuelled

Comments (3)