SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marieaz

Looking for ideas to add some transitional floor tile.

marieaz
4 years ago

We had all the carpet in our house replaced with wood tiles last summer. We decided to choose a tile that contrasts with the existing tile since we knew we couldn't find the exact tile anywhere. It was hard for me to visualize the final product and, while I love the new tile, I have been unhappy with the way the tiles look where they meet up. I wish our installer had discussed some ideas with us for some kind of transitional tile to make the flow from one to the other look more intentional and not so choppy. We have another installer getting us an estimate to remove sections of tile between the old and new and add some kind of border or trim. Ripping out all the old tile and replacing it with the wood tiles is not an option as we have a ton of tile. He is going to give us some suggestions from his inventory, but I'm also doing my research to see what I can come up with. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've included a picture from our nook. This spot bothers me the most as it's a wide, open area. The entrances into the bedrooms are not as awkward.

Comments (2)