SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chocolatebunny123

Does anyone use a toaster oven anymore?

chocolatebunny123
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I've had a toaster oven for as long as I can remember. My family had one when I was growing up, along with a giant microwave, but we used it all the time. I used my toaster oven a ton when my kids were younger, to make things like chicken nuggets and bagel bites.

Now that my kids are both in high school, I still actually make things like chicken nuggets and bagel bites, but in much larger quantities, LOL. So I need to use the oven of my range because the toaster oven cannot accommodate the amount I need to cook. I used to reheat pizza in the toaster oven, but now everyone is in such a hurry that they use the microwave. We have a pop up toaster that we use daily, so I never use the toast function of the toaster oven.

So my question is, is it worth it to get rid of the toaster oven, buy a counter microwave and replace my over-the-range microwave with a range hood? Even though the fan to the microwave is vented to the outside (but the ductwork has a 90 degree angle), it still isn't great (case in point, I was just making pot stickers and my husband told me to turn the fan on because they were stinky - the fan was on).

Or, do I get something like an air fryer? My friend has a Breville Smart Oven/Air Fryer that she raves about and she said there's more room in there than there appears.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (41)