SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aligal266

How to fix our curb appeal?

aligal266
4 years ago

We were pretty happy with how the exterior of our house looked. Then, one of the beautiful mature oaks that were in front of our house died. Around the same time I decided to get an electric car and they had to pull the electrical charging wires in front of the house (picture below) because we don't have a basement or attic that connects from one side of the house to the other. The right side of the house (where the addition is) has always driven me crazy. I hate the asymmetry that the second story adds. We need to figure out how to hide the pipe near the front door and decided now would be a good time to redesign the entry/ front walkway/ porch. I included a few pictures of houses that I liked, but I feel so overwhelmed. My husband is thinking a wooden porch and maybe a wooden walkway so we can access the electrical pipes if needed. But, we really have no idea what we should do to add curb appeal and to draw attention to the front door and away from the addition/ garage. Any ideas are appreciated.

Comments (13)