SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dainaadele

New house, need quick fix curb appeal ideas.

dainaadele
10 years ago

Hello everybody! I need a two stage plan.

We just bought the house next door to us (our house is on the left). Not sure if we will put home-based offices, or turn it into a rental yet, but in order to appease the neighborhood, I want to do something right off the bat that will make the street look nicer. - -It is the only one on the street that is bare. Knowing that I only have a about $300 to spare right now I am hoping for ideas of where to throw it. Sometime next summer, we should be able to do more.

Pressure wash the house. (Have the equipment)

As much as I hate fake shutters, I can't help but feel like this is the perfect use for them. Little white cottage, etc. Only $20 for the standard burgundy, black, brown, or green.

Paint the storm door. What color?

Replace the light over the door. (Long term I was hoping to put in some sort of overhang and railing on the steps.)

I am planning to put in landscaping/flower beds using the 4 feet closest to the house (behind the walkway) and have a few things I can dig up from the back of our yard.

One is a 6' narrow arborvitae. I am thinking on the right corner of the house and then maybe buy two other small rounded evergreens for the left side and then fill with a few perennials. I should add that I do not want to put in a bed in the middle of the front yard as our sons now have a great place to play catch. :)

Any thoughts? Especially on the shutters? Should I go with the burgundy? Or do you have an idea I did not think of?

{{!gwi}}

Comments (11)