Definitely not warm, cold but HOT

glenda_al

87 at 10 pm By 8 am will be in the mid 80's. Definitely in a heat wave. No rain in the forecast.

What's yours?

Stay cool, ya'll!

SaveComment31Like1
Comments (31)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nicole___

Black Forest Colorado: It rained all last night, a constant drone. Made for pleasant sleeping and a cool breeze in the open windows. It's currently 9pm, 64F, we had afternoon showers. It's chilly in the mornings.

1 Like Save    
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

Houston has been a very serious heat wave. Over 100 temperatures for multiple days in a row. The feel like temperatures were much higher than 100. No rain. Shrubs, plants, trees are dying. My beautiful azelea hedge is brown! Sad.

2 Likes Save    
glenda_al

Just turned my central air down for good sleeping.

1 Like Save    
Rusty

11:00 PM, 85 degrees, 'real feel' of 95 degrees, overnight low of 81 predicted. Tomorrow's high predicted to be 100 degrees, which means a seriously high 'real feel' temp. Everything is brown and dry, no rain in sight, serious drought going on. Of course that's good for the cotton farmers right now, hopefully they can get their cotton harvested while it is so dry, but we will all be praying for rain as soon as the harvest is over!

Rusty

2 Likes Save    
morz8

It's 63 right now. The weekend rain missed us and I'll be doing some watering this week. We're 'housesitting' two homes (daily visits, not overnights) and DH went over and watered at one today. Their lawn and shrubs looked dry and sprinkling system needs some repairs, is turned off.

This entire next week looks like partly cloudy, around 70F. No rain forecast.

2 Likes Save    
DawnInCal

It is currently a pleasant 60 degrees out. Normally, we would have had the doors/windows open to cool off the house before going to bed, but there is a skunk somewhere in the neighborhood so open windows are out. No A/C where we are staying - hope the house cools off enough that we sleep well. Speaking of sleeping - time to go. See y'all in the morning!

2 Likes Save    
Marilyn_Sue

It is 70 out this morning, hope we do get rain. Gardens and crops could use it.

Sue

2 Likes Save    
Uptown Gal

Great Lakes....a bit cooler..only in the 70's, but heavy, heavy rains coming in

tonight. We could use a little, but looks like we are going to get a lot more

than we want. Seems to be the story this year. Foggy right now, and a bit

drippy.

2 Likes Save    
sprtphntc7a

very pleasant here in philadelphia suburbs 63 degrees right now, will go up into the mid 80's today....will warm up and increase humidity by mid week... almost taste of Fall, bring it on!!!!

2 Likes Save    
phyllis__mn

61º here right now, and we have had a little rain. We need a good downpour as it is very dry and we are sandy. We had some very hot and humid days in July so hope that that passed.

1 Like Save    
joann_fl

these last 3 days have been extremely hot. Pool time!

1 Like Save    
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

At noon it was already 101 at my house. Houston is still in a heat warning.

1 Like Save    
Fun2BHere

71º F. and cloudy here on the S. Cal. coast.

1 Like Save    
desertsteph

"At noon it was already 101 at my house."

it will be here in AZ also. that's less than an hour from now. probably is already. up to 106 today. that isn't so bad... higher tomorrow and so far they're saying 111 on Wed.

1 Like Save    
Lucille

97 in my area of Houston, but the hottest part of the day is 4 PM so I'm sure it will go up. I'm nice and cold in my small apt., plus my summer electric bill is small. I sympathize with Texas families in large homes because sometime their electric bill in August is unbelievable.

Desertsteph, 111? That is really awful!

1 Like Save    
Rusty

I'm a good bit south of Raven, it's currently (1:45 PM) 102 degrees, 'real feel' is 114 degrees, not sure of humidity, but I'm sure it's high, it almost always is.

1 Like Save    
rob333 (zone 7a)

It's so hot/dry, my biggest worry for the autumn germinating seedlings is keeping them watered. It's not hardening off or too cold, as is typical. That's for sure. I just asked my son why he was smoking chicken at the scalding hot grill, in mid 90 degree weather, he said "If we're waiting for it to get cool enough to use the grill we'll never have smoked chicken". (We're on vacation. He goes back to University next week)

2 Likes Save    
glenda_al

Just came in from lunch. My deck says 106 on the thermometer. It's just too hot for anyone to be outside. I pity those that have to labor in these temps. Got my ceiling fans, desk fan, and oscillating fan going. HOT HOT HOT Grass is turning brown from lack of rain.

Save    
pudgeder

It's miserable here.

We had a good rain Saturday, and now the Oklahoma sun is trying to boil the water right out of the ground.

106F heat index.

Blahhh

1 Like Save    
Elmer J Fudd

Are those dark areas on his shirt perspiration? Wow.

It's supposed to get a bit warmer for a few days as the week progresses. It's been pleasant and we never have humidity or other conditions some of you regularly do this time of year. Stay where there's air conditioning when it gets so oppressive and dangerous.

Save    
rob333 (zone 7a)

It was freaking awesome chicken. Glad he didn't wait. We'll be in freezing cold water at 10am. Going swimming!

1 Like Save    
Michael

We've been in Ontario, CA since Friday and it's been comfortable. We're sitting on the Holiday Inn Express balcony watching freighters navigate the Detroit River.

1 Like Save     Thanked by glenda_al
functionthenlook

SW PA we got back from a family vacation on Lake Erie yesterday. It must not of rained here all week, which is unusual. Everything is very dry. I was going to water today, but it is supposed to rain most of the day tomorrow. Let nature do it.

You can see the very early signs of fall. The days are in the 80s, but the nights are dropping into the mid 60s. The birds are starting to gather. The first week of September the sure sign of fall coming will return. .......stink bugs.

1 Like Save     Thanked by glenda_al
Elmer J Fudd

" We've been in Ontario, CA since Friday and it's been comfortable. "

Michael, my initial puzzlement with your comment (which I stopped reading a few words before the end) led to a good chuckle.

Ontario, CA is an inland town east of Los Angeles where it's dry as a bone, there are no freighters (other than the 18 wheel land type, of which there are lots), and also no comfortable weather this time of year. I read it again and only then saw the Detroit River reference.

Save    
maifleur01

I took a quick trip to Minnesota this weekend and in returning noticed that in looking at the woods along the drive back until level with perhaps Des Moines you could see trees starting to turn in spots. Normally the ones that turn yellow like the cottonwoods seem to start first. It will be cold too quickly this year.

Save    
Michael

Elmer, I've also been to Ontario, CA, and it is nasty this time of year. Worse than Yuma!

Save    
Lars

I'm near the beach in Los Angeles, and so it is pretty much always pleasant here. Today it was in the mid 70s, but last week I was in Philadelphia, and it was uncomfortably hot. We just got back yesterday.

Save    
chisue

Hot, humid and NO RAIN here north of Chicago. (There's been some to the south, and I bet Marilyn Sue got some in Indiana.) Tomorrow is our 'watering day', and I'm going to go for it, water bill be darned. If we don't get good rain soon, we'll be soaking the trees and shrubs this year before winter.

Save    
gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)

Not at all hot here.....upper 70's during the day and low 60's at night. Has even dropped below 60 a few nights. No need for AC's here, except in cars that cook in any heat when parked, and few homes have them.

This entire summer has been remarkably cool and I have yet to find a need to get even the fan out. We have also gotten quite a bit more rain than normal but that doesn't mean much in the PNW, where getting an inch of rain over the course of the entire summer is a lot. So I am still watering every other day to keep things green and growing despite cool temps.

Save    
janey_alabama

100 degrees today with heat index at 109. Still went over & walked our friend's dogs, just not very far. Just made sure that they all went potty.

Save    
sjerin

It's pretty toasty for us today (Norcal,) in the mid-90s right now. It did cool down pretty well last night and was cool this morning but we may not be so lucky tonight.

Save    

Related Stories

Decorating Guides 6 Warm Touches From Homes in Cold Places
Tips gathered from this week’s stories about homes in freezing climates show how you can find warmth in winter
Full Story
Color Palettes Hot Color Combo: Cool Blues and Warm Brass
It's trending all over, but navy or royal blue with brass or gold just also might become a new classic pairing
Full Story
Kitchen Appliances Embrace a Hot Trend With a Kitchen Warming Drawer
Serve food at just the right temperature with this increasingly popular appliance, coordinated to match your kitchen's style
Full Story
Floors Warm Up Your Bathroom With Heated Floors
If your bathroom floor is leaving you cold, try warming up to an electric heating system
Full Story
Decorating Guides 8 Reasons to Warm Up With a Wood Plank Wall
The accent finds a place in every room — adding focus, coziness, definition and more
Full Story
Accessories 41 Finds to Keep You Warm
By Houzz
Show that cold spell who's boss with robes, blankets, freestanding fireplaces and more warming comforts of home
Full Story
Gray Exterior Color of the Week: 7 Ways With Warm Gray
See why this hue can be the perfect neutral for any house
Full Story
Color Iced Color: Hot Ideas For Cool Hues
Soft Green or Icy Blue Can Be the Cure to Sensory Overload
Full Story